bobage24's Feedback

Anonymous IPB User

[quote name='Edward V' date='12 July 2009 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1247444275' post='1825124']
And why is that bobage? You can't just post something like that and not explain it, especially in this kind of thread.

Perhaps it has something to do with my forum sitting offline for 5 days due to my forum being hacked and waiting days for a response from IPB AFTER they knew it had been hacked? I know this forum is full of IPB cheerleaders, but I have experienced a total decline in customer service these last few months and have seen other threads with customers complaining suddenly disappear from the forums. I have also seen customer who complained get piled on and flamed for giving their honest opinion by the same cheerleaders you see in this thread, or even worse, seeing the company they are customers of flame or respond in an extremely rude manner. I was even hesitant on voicing my own opinion in this thread since I know how things work around here. I guess you learn how things work after being here for as long as I have. It's mainly the loyal customers (cheerleaders) who post on this forum for the same reason I posted above. Don't get me wrong, IPB used to be a great company IMO, and I used to be a loyal customer. I guess I find it sad that today we see customers cheering when a Company provides a mediocure service, or for doing something they are paid to do. I remember a time when someone paid for a service and expected the service to be of high quality. I also find it interesting to see people thanking a company for doing something they get paid to do. Now I usually don't spend much time on this forum, but due to the release of 3.0, and the bugs, I have been here voicing the thoughts of my members, what they like, dislike, etc. Anyway, there is my honest evaluation, feel free to post the usual flames and cheerleading. :)

[quote name='Internationalhardman' date='12 July 2009 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1247445118' post='1825133']
My hat is off to you... anyone can complain about poor customer service but not many people stop by and give thanks where it is deserved. And it definately is deserved, I would want anyone else to look after my forum. The service is second to none.

Give yourselves a pat on the back guys.

So what exactly are you giving thanks for, them doing a job they are paid to do? I can understand if they were volunteers, but you pay them to do this stuff lol. I can certainly see saying thanks to those who do volunteer and bring us the free mods and community projects though, my hats off to them and I say thanks by donating to them when I can.

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1247447636' post='1825150']
Perhaps it has something to do with my forum sitting offline for 5 days due to my forum being hacked and waiting days for a response from IPB AFTER they knew it had been hacked? I know this forum is full of IPB cheerleaders, but I have experienced a total decline in customer service these last few months and have seen other threads with customers complaining suddenly disappear from the forums. I have also seen customer who complained get piled on and flamed for giving their honest opinion by the same cheerleaders you see in this thread, or even worse, seeing the company they are customers of flame or respond in an extremely rude manner. I was even hesitant on voicing my own opinion in this thread since I know how things work around here. I guess you learn how things work after being here for as long as I have. It's mainly the loyal customers (cheerleaders) who post on this forum for the same reason I posted above. Don't get me wrong, IPB used to be a great company IMO, and I used to be a loyal customer. I guess I find it sad that today we see customers cheering when a Company provides a mediocure service, or for doing something they are paid to do. I remember a time when someone paid for a service and expected the service to be of high quality. I also find it interesting to see people thanking a company for doing something they get paid to do. Now I usually don't spend much time on this forum, but due to the release of 3.0, and the bugs, I have been here voicing the thoughts of my members, what they like, dislike, etc. Anyway, there is my honest evaluation, feel free to post the usual flames and cheerleading. :)

If you're not satisfied with IPB, why not find something else?

You say yourself that your constant complaints are obviously having no effect, yet you're still around here. Why is that, if the service is mediocre and the support isn't any good?

[quote name='Gärrett' date='12 July 2009 - 06:18 PM' timestamp='1247447922' post='1825152']
If you're not satisfied with IPB, why not find something else?

You say yourself that your constant complaints are obviously having no effect, yet you're still around here. Why is that, if the service is mediocre and the support isn't any good?

Probably has something to do with the fact that I already paid a few hundred dollars for the board, gallery, and blog, and all the licensing fees every year that I have stayed current on. I don't know about you, but I don't have money to burn, so I am stuck with IPB. Perhaps you want to kick me a refund? Didn't think so. I am here on this forum because I am waiting for the announcement of 3.0.1 so my members will quit complaining about the "View New Content" feature. I think I explained that last part in the message you quoted.I have been here since 2004 and only have 175 posts, so I think it's evident that I don't post here much because I have my own forum to run and know that complaining doesn't get you anywhere with this company.

[quote name='Brandon D' date='12 July 2009 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1247448380' post='1825155']
I'm not here to argue whether or not IPS has been doing it's job or not, but I find the whole idea behind "I paid them to do what they're doing, I don't need to thank them" to be revolting and just shows what kind of person you are.

You mean the kind of person who pays for a service and expects that service to be fulfilled? Must be an awful person eh? Perhaps I remember when services was expected, not just an afterthought. When is the last time you thanked your power company or DMV? I guess I should expect such a comment form someone like you who represents the company, after all you are obviously affiliated with them. I, on the other hand, am just a customer. How times have changed. :)

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1247448680' post='1825159']
You mean the kind of person who pays for a service and expects that service to be fulfilled? Must be an awful person eh? Perhaps I remember when services was expected, not just an afterthought. When is the last time you thanked your power company or DMV?

I thank people at the DMV every time I actually deal with them. I can't remember the last time I actually communicated with anyone at the power company, but if I did, I'd surely thank them.

Really a poor analogy, though, because they are not companies one interacts with on such a frequent basis as we do with IPS.

• Management

bobage:

I know you personally dislike me for some reason and I know you have a chip on your shoulder about us but other than complaining about me personally I see not a single complaint in your ticket history. The ticket you are referring to about your board issue is 7 pages long in our ticket system. At no time did our staff neglect your issue it just took a lot of research to find the underlying problem.

Please do not offer misleading rants and statements just because, for some reason, you're personally angry about something as intangible as personality clashes. If you want to rant you should not wander our forum waiting for someone to dare to say something nice about us and jump in as you have been doing lately. Further, and something that cannot be tolerated any further, is attacking and baiting fellow customers. That is simply unacceptable. We are not in the business of censoring people with negative-views on us (how else do we know how to improve?) but you have gone into blind, unfocused rant territory which only serves to distract and disrupt. When your fellow customers complain to us about your behavior it is something we have to take seriously.

We cannot address "I don't like them!" we can only address specifics. If you have a specific thing we can fix, related to your specific experience, open a support ticket, send a PM, an email, anything to point out that issue. As of this moment, you have not a single open support ticket in our system.

[quote name='Edward V' date='12 July 2009 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1247448789' post='1825161']
+1'd @Brandon. Sure, they might be getting payed to do it, and sure, you might have had problems with them. But they are still people, they don't really have to be 'nice' about the way in which they deal with their customers.

So you are of the opinion that companies should not hold their customers in high regard? I would hate to deal with any company you are in charge of to be honest. "The customer is always right" is the motto I use myself when dealing with customers.

Of course however, they want customers (unlike vB apparently) and they want their customers to stay. They don't get paid to listen to our comments or concerns regarding the software that they produce, nor do they get paid to release codes that make the new IP board in some ways like the old one. They do so because they care, and they care because we do as well. I'm not an IPS cheerleader, I'm an IPS supporter, and I love it. Edward V

Actually they do get paid to offer a service of support if you have a current license, and companies who care about their customers treat them with respect. The company should thank their customers, not the other way around. Without the customers, the company would not exist and the employees would be looking for a job. You like the service you are getting, and I don't, agree to disagree.

[quote name='Gärrett' date='12 July 2009 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1247448828' post='1825164']
I thank people at the DMV every time I actually deal with them. I can't remember the last time I actually communicated with anyone at the power company, but if I did, I'd surely thank them.

I find this hard to believe, and what do you actually thank them for? Why not call up the power company, the cable company, etc, and thank them for providing you a service?

Perhaps a poor analogy in your case, but I don't actually interact with IPS unless I have too because I have my own forum to run, therefore the analogy is spot on in my case. Sorry it doesn't work for you.

Really a poor analogy, though, because they are not companies one interacts with on such a frequent basis as we do with IPS.

[quote name='Charles' date='12 July 2009 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1247448906' post='1825165']
bobage:

I know you personally dislike me for some reason and I know you have a chip on your shoulder about us but other than complaining about me personally I see not a single complaint in your ticket history. The ticket you are referring to about your board issue is 7 pages long in our ticket system. At no time did our staff neglect your issue it just took a lot of research to find the underlying problem.

Please do not offer misleading rants and statements just because, for some reason, you're personally angry about something as intangible as personality clashes. If you want to rant you should not wander our forum waiting for someone to dare to say something nice about us and jump in as you have been doing lately. Further, and something that cannot be tolerated any further, is attacking and baiting fellow customers. That is simply unacceptable. We are not in the business of censoring people with negative-views on us (how else do we know how to improve?) but you have gone into blind, unfocused rant territory which only serves to distract and disrupt. When your fellow customers complain to us about your behavior it is something we have to take seriously.

We cannot address "I don't like them!" we can only address specifics. If you have a specific thing we can fix, related to your specific experience, open a support ticket, send a PM, an email, anything to point out that issue. As of this moment, you have not a single open support ticket in our system.

This is exactly what I am referring too when I mentioned in my other post regarding disappearing threads. Are you going to delete my posts too? Also, do you always post your customers ticket information on the public forums? Since you brought this specific ticket up, the fact is that I had to post on these forum in order to get your tech supports attention since they wouldn't respond to the ticket. After I got the techs attention (since they were busy arguing with customers on these forums), the problem was finally resolved. As for not having a support ticket in the support system, that is untrue and you know it. Why not offer me a refund of $444 and I will make the jump to VB and after migration of my database I will cease ever visiting these forums again, and I will also cease ever using IPB again.

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1247449278' post='1825169']
I find this hard to believe, and what do you actually thank them for? Why not call up the power company, the cable company, etc, and thank them for providing you a service?

If I go to the DMV, it's because I have a very good reason, else I wouldn't sit in the queue for an hour or more waiting. Once I deal with the attendant and they resolve my issue, or at the very least attempt to, I'll thank them. It's just common courtesy :) .

I don't call those companies and thank them because they're not actively doing anything for me, other than maintaining their service. If the IPS Staff never posted on these forums, responded to tickets, etc, I wouldn't be thanking them either. But if someone takes time out of their day to deal with me or my problems, then, yeah - I'll thank them.

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1247450068' post='1825179']
Nice, point proven regarding the disappearing posts from customers who are not happy.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/topic/287839-bobage24s-feedback/

Split, not removed.

Saying "thank you" is common courtesy. You know, it's one of those things that makes us human. No, you don't need to go out of your way to thank the cable company unless you feel the need - but refusing to do so, when given the chance, simply because you paid them money is what disturbs me. I honestly find it hard to believe that I'm actually debating this. Courtesy is one of the few similarities between all cultures and ignoring it simply because you think you're entitled to arrogance after forking out money for services is what gets me.

[quote name='bobage24' date='13 July 2009 - 02:54 AM' timestamp='1247450068' post='1825179']
Nice, point proven regarding the disappearing posts from customers who are not happy.

I'm not sure what you're on about with the disappearing posts: This topic went on for quite some time and got really vocal until it eventually started winding down and the author asked for it to be locked. If posts from unhappy customers are removed, then that topic should definitely be gone.. :unsure:

• Management

(split bobage's posts from other topic he hijacked)

You brought the ticket up. I exercised judgement in pointing out that you were leaving out the fact that our staff provided multiple replies spanning pages of ticket responses. I did not want people getting the wrong idea or anything :)

IPS staff has always said that customers can certainly bring emergency tickets to our attention. Emergency as in a board offline or unusable. You did nothing wrong there in bringing your critical issue to our attention.

It is an extremely rare event we delete posts. This topic in point.

I looked at your account just now: I see not a single open ticket. All are resolved or closed. If I am missing one feel free to send in the ticket number.

My point in all this is that you just seem generally angry and I cannot find a specific thing to point to other than you just don't like our personality or way we generally do things. I am afraid there is nothing I can say or do to change your opinion there since these are intangible things there is no "fix" for.

Finally, to say we ignore clients or anything is just ridiculous. All we do is take in customer feedback. In fact, 3.0.1 is completely a case of fixing customer-reported issues and making changes based on feedback.

We are happy to converse with about specific issues. But please, stop looking for feedback topics posted by other clients to express your anger.

[quote name='Brandon D' date='12 July 2009 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1247450191' post='1825182']
Saying "thank you" is common courtesy. You know, it's one of those things that makes us human. No, you don't need to go out of your way to thank the cable company unless you feel the need - but refusing to do so, when given the chance, simply because you paid them money is what disturbs me. I honestly find it hard to believe that I'm actually debating this. Courtesy is one of the few similarities between all cultures and ignoring it simply because you think you're entitled to arrogance after forking out money for services is what gets me.

I say thank you when someone does something they should be thanked for, like volunteering, not for what they get paid for while offering mediocre service. You are the one attacking someone else for their opinion, and you want to go on about common courtesy? Interesting, I guess it says a lot about you. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Brandon D' date='12 July 2009 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1247450191' post='1825182']

Agreed completely.

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1247450426' post='1825185']
I say thank you when someone does something they should be thanked for, like volunteering, not for what they get paid for while offering mediocre service. You are the one attacking someone else for their opinion, and you want to go on about common courtesy? Interesting, I guess it says a lot about you. :rolleyes:

You're the one that hijacked someone else's thread and turned it into your own soapbox. You're the one attacking IPS.

Is taking time out of someone's day to post in these forums not something worth thanking them for? Charles (and the rest of the staff) aren't paid to sit and post in these forums - it's a courtesy to you, the customer, and one I'd think is worth appreciating.

• Management

[quote name='Gärrett' date='12 July 2009 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1247450701' post='1825190']
Charles (and the rest of the staff) aren't paid to sit and post in these forums...

Well... actually... we are :lol:

I mean not literally just sit here and post on the forums. That would be silly. But you know what I mean ;)

Archived