bobage24's Feedback

Anonymous IPB User

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1247452191' post='1825225']
I could tell your mind was having trouble because you can't even comprehend the basic way the world works. It's really not that difficult, you pay for a service and you expect the service you pay for. Where are you having trouble with this? And, don't you see the irony of your constant rambling about manners and kindness when interacting with others all the while you personally insult them? This makes you a hypocrite.

When did I ever say anything contradictory to "you pay for a service and you expect the service you pay for"? Please, point me to an example. I never said you shouldn't expect a service you paid for. You're grasping at straws here.

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1247452191' post='1825225']
I could tell your mind was having trouble because you can't even comprehend the basic way the world works. It's really not that difficult, you pay for a service and you expect the service you pay for.
And, in this world, we're expected to not show common courtesy and say thank you? This completely goes against everything I ever learned in the first 10 years of my life. :blink:

[quote name='Edward V' date='12 July 2009 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1247452033' post='1825221']
I have a feeling that most of those on the forums are team-leads, or something similar. The higher-ups that can deal with end-users and the general community, rather then the back-stage techies and support staff that have their fingertips bandaged from the amount of typing they do... I would go farther into this but I think this is all I truly want to say at the moment (dont care if Charles removes this either:)

So Brandon is not a techie or support staff? How about Jason (who usually does an excellent job I must add).

• Management

[quote name='Edward V' date='12 July 2009 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1247452328' post='1825227']
Ah alas, I figured you would have to Charles, that's alright...

Well it did involve Captain Picard flipping us the bird :lol:

@ bobage24

You talk about their lack of customer service and how they don't listen? I'm not used to my ideas being taken seriously but just the other day when I mentioned about adding something (thinking v3.0.2 or later), a few hours later, a reply was made saying it was done. Simple but useful feature that I thought of and so I mentioned it and poof, it got added into 3.0.1 in the blink of an eye almost.

In all the posts you've made, one thing is rather evident and Charles pointed it out. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder. If you have specific issues that are upsetting you, then just name them in a non insulting way.

You claim that posts that complain about service get deleted?
Describe some of those threads that you're talking about.

The long time it took for them to address your issue?
If you want to prove it, then post all the details about it. Charles even told you that when you posted here about the situation, you didn't do anything wrong because sometimes they overlook a ticket and that's a good way to get their attention. Personally I would have called and reported the matter as being an emergency because if your site is unusable, then that's definitely an emergency.

What else is bothering you? Charles has invited you to contact him if you have any issues so that he can try to fix it for you. He's invited you to email him, PM him and I think even invited you to post it here, that way he'll know what's bothering you (specifically) so that it can be addressed. If something is bugging you, open up about it, perhaps it's something of a misunderstanding or a mistake made that Charles or someone else could clear up for you so that you know that there are no hard feelings.

I'm not saying this in any bit of a rude way either. I'm saying this in a serious manner. Really, tell what is bothering you.

I was also being serious in my first reply. When you expect people to be your servants because you paid some money, you are expecting a form of slavery. It doesn't matter how much someone gets paid to do a job, they still have feelings and kindness goes a long way.

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1247452351' post='1825230']
So Brandon is not a techie or support staff? How about Jason (who usually does an excellent job I must add).

Look up my posts. I'm typically known for airing my opinions, whether they're in line with IPS or not ;)

[quote name='Brandon D' date='12 July 2009 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1247452338' post='1825228']
When did I ever say anything contradictory to "you pay for a service and you expect the service you pay for"? Please, point me to an example. I never said you shouldn't expect a service you paid for. You're grasping at straws here.

Your entire position is contradictory, which is why it's so ironic. You talk about manners and courtesy while insulting they guy your talking to. I think you're the one now grasping at straws. I thought you said this post wasn't even worth responding to anymore?

Well, in that case, you're here why? I know that IPS doesn't have to allow access to the forums. And by community, yes community as these forums have non-registered or licensed users, even though it IS a company forum, its still a community of users. If I where Charles, I probably would have already locked the topic, but I suppose he's sitting back in his chair laughing at the stupidity of the entire situation...

[quote name='Charles' date='12 July 2009 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1247452370' post='1825232']
Well it did involve Captain Picard flipping us the bird :lol:

This is definitely going in my sig. :lol:

[quote name='Brandon D' date='12 July 2009 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1247452446' post='1825235']
Look up my posts. I'm typically known for airing my opinions, whether they're in line with IPS or not ;)

Pretty sure he was talking about bfarber there...

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1247452514' post='1825237']
Your entire position is contradictory, which is why it's so ironic. You talk about manners and courtesy while insulting they guy your talking to. I think you're the one now grasping at straws. I thought you said this post wasn't even worth responding to anymore?

The fact you think my position is contradictory is why I think it's pointless to argue further. Unfortunately for you and I both, I'm stubborn. If you think saying thank you some how negates the fact that you paid for that service then there's little I can do with words on an internet discussion forum.

• Management

[quote name='Gärrett' date='12 July 2009 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1247452585' post='1825239']
This is definitely going in my sig. :lol:

Pretty sure he was talking about bfarber there...

bfarber is not a support technician

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='12 July 2009 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1247452443' post='1825234']
@ bobage24

You talk about their lack of customer service and how they don't listen? I'm not used to my ideas being taken seriously but just the other day when I mentioned about adding something (thinking v3.0.2 or later), a few hours later, a reply was made saying it was done. Simple but useful feature that I thought of and so I mentioned it and poof, it got added into 3.0.1 in the blink of an eye almost.

Anecdotal.

Please be specific or quote where I had a chip on my shoulder in the first two posts. I simply responded to the type of posts I knew were coming, personal flames.

Describe some of those threads that you're talking about.

They are gone, and they were from customers who were unhappy with how IPS was responding to tickets. One I saw was locked called vapourware or something like that, which a customer was complaining about many things.

If you want to prove it, then post all the details about it. Charles even told you that when you posted here about the situation, you didn't do anything wrong because sometimes they overlook a ticket and that's a good way to get their attention. Personally I would have called and reported the matter as being an emergency because if your site is unusable, then that's definitely an emergency.

I have posted the details about what happened already.
What else is bothering you? Charles has invited you to contact him if you have any issues so that he can try to fix it for you. He's invited you to email him, PM him and I think even invited you to post it here, that way he'll know what's bothering you (specifically) so that it can be addressed. If something is bugging you, open up about it, perhaps it's something of a misunderstanding or a mistake made that Charles or someone else could clear up for you so that you know that there are no hard feelings.

I did this in the ticket I submitted to IPS, and Charles just agreed to disagree. I will admit, I am upset that I am stuck with IPB after paing hundreds of dollars. I wish IPB would refund my money so I could go with VB.

In all the posts you've made, one thing is rather evident and Charles pointed it out. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder. If you have specific issues that are upsetting you, then just name them in a non insulting way.

You claim that posts that complain about service get deleted?

The long time it took for them to address your issue?

[quote name='Edward V' date='12 July 2009 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1247452557' post='1825238']
If I where Charles, I probably would have already locked the topic, but I suppose he's sitting back in his chair laughing at the stupidity of the entire situation...

Or he may be doing what a good businessman does. He may be trying to get to the source of the issue so that it can be resolved and try to provide the level of customer service that the client thinks has been denied to him.

[quote name='Brandon D' date='12 July 2009 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1247452660' post='1825240']
The fact you think my position is contradictory is why I think it's pointless to argue further. Unfortunately for you and I both, I'm stubborn. If you think saying thank you some how negates the fact that you paid for that service then there's little I can do with words on an internet discussion forum.

I am stubborn too, hence why I am still posting in this thread too. I never said saying thank you negates the fact that you paid for a service. Perhaps you want to explain more of what you mean when you say "there little I can do on an internet discussion forum". I am not sure I understand that part, but I think I do, but rather than make an assumption, I will let you clarify yourself.

• Management

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1247452832' post='1825244']
But he is a techie correct? And how about Jason?

Jason is a support tech.

Bfarber is on the development team. Your ticket was escalated to the development department since the support department was having trouble finding your underlying problem. It is how we address tickets that are outside the "norm" ... they can take longer to resolve but, once escalated to a developer, they will personally be researched (even if they need to look at the code level) to sort out what's wrong.

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1247452980' post='1825247']
I am stubborn too, hence why I am still posting in this thread too. I never said paying for a service negates the fact that you paid for a service. Perhaps you want to explain more of what you mean when you say "there little I can do on an internet discussion forum". I am not sure I understand that part, but I think I do, but rather than make an assumption, I will let you clarify yourself.

It means that proper manners are ingrained in you early in your childhood and reading a few pages on a discussion forum won't change that.

[quote name='Charles' date='12 July 2009 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1247452857' post='1825246']
So are there any specific issues IPS can address for you?

I am not sure how one could resolve a problem they say doesn't exist. You admit customer support has been slow, and I would say awful, but if you don't think so, perhaps there is no solution. I have nothing against you personally, the fact is I see customers who have been flamed just like I have in this thread for voicing their opinion. This thread should actually serve to highlight what I said in my second post. You allow people you affiliate with to flame your customers. You consider this good customer service?

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1247452793' post='1825242']
Please be specific or quote where I had a chip on my shoulder in the first two posts. I simply responded to the type of posts I knew were coming, personal flames.

So what you did was get nasty and rude first to respond to what you knew would happen? That's not responding before the attack, that's starting it.

[quote name='bobage24' date='12 July 2009 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1247452793' post='1825242']
They are gone, and they were from customers who were unhappy with how IPS was responding to tickets. One I saw was locked called vapourware or something like that, which a customer was complaining about many things.

Have you tried doing searches for the posts? I've seen a number of threads where people express unhappiness with something and the topic remains. So for your claims of threads disappearing, I believe you are imagining things.

I have posted the details about what happened already.

I did this in the ticket I submitted to IPS, and Charles just agreed to disagree. I will admit, I am upset that I am stuck with IPB after paing hundreds of dollars. I wish IPB would refund my money so I could go with VB.

I'm referring to details like when the ticket was submitted and then each post in the ticket after that (ie, who made the next update to the ticket and when). Also when you commented here about the ticket, etc.

I doubt IPB will refund your money. If they do, then you would certainly need to thank them for the kindness. I can tell you that with the problems I've been hearing in regards to vB, you would be regretting your choice to move there.

Now seriously, tell the problems you're having. Not brief complaints but descriptions and examples and details.

[quote name='Brandon D' date='12 July 2009 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1247453121' post='1825249']
It means that proper manners are ingrained in you early in your childhood and reading a few pages on a discussion forum won't change that.

Again, you are nothing more than a hypocrite due to the fact that you talk about manners while flaming the guy your talking too. In addition, if you read back you will actually find the shocking fact that you were the one to start flaming others while talking about manners and courtesy. Perhaps you are the one who missed some key early childhood development?

• Management

Wow. Well with that we will lock this.

I consider the fact that we are trying to comprehend what your issue is good customer service. I still don't know what it is to be honest and I think I am more confused now than ever.

The ticket you keep referring to that you believe took too long was escalated to the development department. That is our highest level of service we can provide. I do apologize that if you are experiencing an abnormal issue that it may take a while to research but we could hire dozens of support techs and it would not speed up an issue that needs to be researched by a developer at the code-level. There is truly nothing we can do about that.

As you yourself said: we have no open tickets for you. Just those that you are choosing to ignore the "waiting for customer response" status. If you cannot help us help you then I guess this topic has ran its course. When you would like us to work on any issues you may be having just open a ticket or reply to the one waiting for a reply from you. Until then... well... as far as we know you don't need anything from us.

Archived