"Enter your license key here:" field,

Ziv Grosu

I have thought about a new thing for IPB 3.0.x version.

Adding a new License Key area to an installation or an upgrade process.

To make a long story short, the member should put his "license key" on a field (like in Windows XP / VISTA / Windows 7 / Other OS).

[quote name='.Wolfie' date='11 July 2009 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1247309539' post='1824325']
Not necessary. In the client area, you put where the site is located anyway, so IPS knows if it's a valid copy or not. Also, you can always put the key in afterwards, if you want.

You're right, if so, the IPB License Key Setting is not necessary too, since IPS has the client area for this.

[quote name='Andy D' date='11 July 2009 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1247314124' post='1824344']
The licence key was something that was used before.

Yeah , I know it. I have thought it could be a nice idea to make a "license key" area while people install/upgrade IPB.

[quote name='Indigo-' date='13 July 2009 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1247481725' post='1825340']
I think it will be excellent, to make sure that the guy who installs the system has really license of IP.Board.
Ziv, GENIUS IDEA smile.gif !

No it isn't, it's an unparallelled pain in the rear. The software's unencoded, so anyone who doesn't legitimately have a license would just remove the screen asking for the key anyway, and it'd just become to IPB what the CD key is to Windows - a pain in the butt for legitimate users and a 30 second hack for illegitimate users.

You can count that as disagreement.

Archived