Ability to Toggle Between RTE/STE Within the Editor

sparc

I brought this up on the preview board way back when, but figured i'd make sure it was noted here so that it's not forgotten.

(I think there might have been some IPS staff interest in bringing this back in a future 3.x.x release.)

Anyways, just wanted to repeat that I would really love to see this brought back at some point. Probably the one feature I think that really tied the editor functions together as it worked on the fly.

You could easily copy and paste info from web pages with formatting intact into the RTE. Then click over to the STE to double check/correct any errors. Also very handy when trying to format really long content in a post.

Circled in Red for those that don't know the button i'm talking about in 2.x:
toggleo.png

why dont i have that from the normal editor when i press the new topic button on here?

EDIT: that thing only allows you to see the source, that other button allows switch between editors, but there is no difference in editors LOL

just the functions are parsed into the RTE

yeah, the HTML source in the Full Editor while in RTE mode is definitely not the same.

Having it convert between bbcode and the RTE was really handy for the average user on a board. Instead of messing around with HTML since not everyone knows HTML. bbcode is much much easier to understand.

We need to have this editor switch done somehow because in 2.3.6 if you made a link with something like "Click Here" with the link hidden and tried to copy the message from the editor to re-post the message the link formatting is lost in the RTE editor so you have to switch to the std editor to save the formatting. Hope that makes sense :rolleyes: I use this method when I have a running message posted that I have to change the date and totals in all the time so I copy the entire message (ctrl C) and re-post just changing the date and total number.

Just tried it in 3.0 and does the same, formatting of the link is lost

Archived