Prefixes for Topics in ACP, why?

teraßyte

I have always wondered why Poll/Pinned/Moved prefixes are a setting in ACP :huh:

This is bad for multi-language forum that cannot use a different word for each language, you might want to move those 3 lang strings in the lang files instead :whistle:

EDIT:
This is probably more a suggestion than a bug so I posted there, let me know if you want me to open a bug report on that :P

[quote name='chasz' date='20 May 2009 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1242782678' post='1803674']
but u can control the language right there in the ACP? rather than messing with the language files !!

secondly, you can use HTML with it....or has it been removed as well ?? LOL

But when you have an English and a French board for example, it would use which ever words you enter in the admin cp regardless of which language the member has selected on the board.

[quote name='Michael John' date='20 May 2009 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1242783243' post='1803676']
But when you have an English and a French board for example, it would use which ever words you enter in the admin cp regardless of which language the member has selected on the board.

yeah but u can replace it with an image !! and then use a language string in the templates

[quote name='chasz' date='20 May 2009 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1242786176' post='1803693']

yeah but u can replace it with an image !! and then use a language string in the templates

True but across multiple skins, css and text would be the best option. I think terabyte was talking about out of the box ideally this should be in the lang files. Terabyte probably won't need these instructions :P , but here is a quick work around until IPB adds this as standard.

Open admin/applications/forums/modules_public/forums/forums.php

Find (every instance - 3):

Save admin/applications/forums/modules_public/forums/forums.php

Open Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > Manage Languages > go through each langauge > Translate... > Add String. And add the following lang strings and there respective langauge equivalents for pre_pinned, pre_moved and pre_polls.

Example Add Entry
Application: Forums
Pack Name: public_forums
Key: pre_pinned
Default Text: Pinned

$this->lang->words['pre_

Replace With (every instance - 3):

$this->lang->words['pre_

[quote name='Michael John' date='20 May 2009 - 03:49 AM' timestamp='1242787770' post='1803701']
True but across multiple skins, css and text would be the best option. I think terabyte was talking about out of the box ideally this should be in the lang files. Terabyte probably won't need these instructions :P , but here is a quick work around until IPB adds this as standard.

replace what with what??

I hope they still keep the ACP form field...i might like to add a default icon for posts in different forums

$this->lang->words['pre_

$this->lang->words['pre_

[quote name='Michael John' date='20 May 2009 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1242787770' post='1803701']

Open Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > Manage Languages > go through each langauge > Translate... > Add String. And add the following lang strings and there respective langauge equivalents for pre_pinned, pre_moved and pre_polls.

Example Add Entry
Application: Forums
Pack Name: public_forums
Key: pre_pinned
Default Text: Pinned

Couldn't edit my first post, but fixed the edit.

$this->settings['pre_

$this->lang->words['pre_

You can setup an image even in the language string editing the language string in ACP.

Now with IPB3 language strings are meant to be edited in ACP without downloading the files in the cache with an FTP program :)

• 1 year later...

Archived