Facebook Connect suggestion

Strike X

- Profile Picture size is too small (If you are connected to facebook Connect), it is different size what you see on your profile on facebook.

- As Admin, how do I find out which users connected to 'facebook Connect' ?

- If guess want to reply in the topic, they can simply click on "faceboob connect" button next to "reply button". I have seen some blog does that.. very clever.

- Update Notifications/Feed to facebook when you posted on the forum.

Theres a lot that can be done using Facebook Connect i was running a Vb forum and someone had configured a mod that allowed you to post links on your facebook profiles and also to show people had replied to topics whilst using Facebook in the form of Notifications etc.

1) Won't change. Profile picture size is based on the board administrator's ACP configuration. Some admins have strict size requirements to fit within specific designs/layouts and we can't just accept any image...it has to be scaled.

2) Would be easy

3) I guess, though clicking the login link will remember where you came from so it's not that big a deal in my mind

4) Is something that was discussed, but we decided to keep first release simple functionality wise, while we explore options in future releases.

[quote name='bfarber' date='19 May 2009 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1242754589' post='1803545']
1) Won't change. Profile picture size is based on the board administrator's ACP configuration. Some admins have strict size requirements to fit within specific designs/layouts and we can't just accept any image...it has to be scaled.

I think you misunderstood from my question.

Once you are connected to Facebook Connect, your photo profile (IPB 3) are taken from facebook image. However it is not scaled and it does not store the forum. I can see it on my forum. Facebook profile photo is larger than IPB3 photo profile (same image).

I am sure there is a number of facebook API function to select the size of the photo. I will look into that.

[quote name='bfarber' date='19 May 2009 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1242754589' post='1803545']
4) Is something that was discussed, but we decided to keep first release simple functionality wise, while we explore options in future releases.

Ohhh please explore... :D

- It should be possible to choose your profile picture size through the ACP (assuming that FBC pull in the image and then IPB resize based on input in the ACP).

- You can make a query and see who has the FBC information present in their tables. If they don't have it present they have not connected through FBC.

- You can do that fairly easy depending on how IPB has set that up.

- I am sure notifications will show up soon enough :)

Some features I would like to see is integrating the invite system so you can invite your friends to join you on the forum and a friendslist that show you which friends come from FB.

I would love the possibility to replace the commentbox on members profile with a FBC commentbox (each member would need a developer account setup though) to allow full interaction between FB and the board when someone makes a comment.

• 10 months later...

Archived