3.0 is coming and I have an important question....

media

3.0 is on its way...
I have few mods on my site, if i upgrade my board to 3.0 probably those mods are not going to be ready for 3.0
Can i keep the old mods on the system until i get the upgrade scripts for those mods???
or new 3.0 upgrade will wipe those mods off?????

Thanks

One thing to consider is that, if and when the mod is updated, it's intallation will fail if the tables already exist when that mod tries to create them during its install (and if the mod author hasn't taken that possibility into account).

[quote name='RainbowViper' date='04 May 2009 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1241458693' post='1799797']
One thing to consider is that, if and when the mod is updated, it's intallation will fail if the tables already exist when that mod tries to create them during its install (and if the mod author hasn't taken that possibility into account).

IP.Board 3's applications installer takes this into consideration, and will prompt you to either drop and recreate those tables or skip that step.

[quote name='Μichael' date='04 May 2009 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1241460424' post='1799802']
IP.Board 3's applications installer takes this into consideration, and will prompt you to either drop and recreate those tables or skip that step.

Well, that's handy!
Thanks, Michael.

Archived