[Suggestion] search in ACP

Guest Avonlea22

Maybe it's been suggested before, but I sure would like to see a search function in the ACP. This would help admins find certain sections of the ACP without looking everywhere and wasting time. I just tried to find the area where I set up forum pruning. I spent 10 minutes looking for it, and still haven't found it!

The problem is, there is no real way to do this (the pages and most of the stuff you'd be searching for isn't in the database). We'd have to somehow come up with an index file of keywords or search terms that maps to the appropriate sections.

@Luke, well, no, not really. There is one file for each tab for the menu items, and even then, I don't think that would cover with the OP is requesting. i.e. there is no menu keyword for "forum pruning" which is what triggered this topic.

Ultimately, this is a difficult thing to do. I think the documentation covers this relatively well (and in depth) and PDF files are of course searchable.

if you didn't write billions of mods for ipb i MIGHT have let you off... no chance now tho :P . /me points and laughs

Writing mods usually entails making new settings and such, so I do get off the hook :P Since I know where all the settings are pretty well, it's kinda ok that I missed the search thing. I probably noticed it previously and jsut forgot anyway :lol:

Archived