IPS Resources

Guest DustinRyan

I just wanted to post my opinion on the relaunch of IPS Beyond...aka IPS Resources.

I really like how the resources are all combined now with the IPS website and forums. Before things were a little confusing to people if they were new to the IPS community in having the corporate forums, AND IPS Beyond. Now everything is centralized, and more appealing. One thing I would like to see is a Resources link in the top navigation on www.invisionpower.com I think that would make things more official and bring more traffic to the new and improved resources area.

Although now I have two accounts on here, my original account I made long ago when I bought my license, as well as my IPS Beyond account, both using the same username...so I decided to change 1 username, and keep this one the same. It isn't such a big dilemma, but I got through it. It isn't that big of a deal.

Overall, great job on everything in such a small amount of time, and with very little issues from what I have seen. So that is my two cents.

Bitter.

You can get your accounts merged if you submit a ticket. :) I definitely agree about the Resource Link somewhere, but I would favor a new skin matching the website/resource website and not be made public, just an official IPS skin so everything could look connected.

You can get your accounts merged if you submit a ticket. :) I definitely agree about the Resource Link somewhere, but I would favor a new skin matching the website/resource website and not be made public, just an official IPS skin so everything could look connected.

I think I will do that, considering I want the username on this account I am using to be changed as well. And I agree about the skin. I understand that the forums here will keep the default IP .Board Pro skin because it is the default skin, and when customers check out the corporate forums to see how it all works and looks before purchasing, they would like to showcase it with it's default look. But the resource part of the website should have been skinned to match the Pro skin, or IPS can create another skin to match the resources area. Either way would be fine with me, but yeah, having everything match does make uniformity (is that even a word?) look better as a whole.

Bitter.

We will also be working on a marketplace functionality to allow those who wish to charge for their custom work that option.

Will this mean or could it mean a list of people that IPS trust to install mods etc for other people? EG: I do not have enough knowledge /or likely to :P to install mods myself, yet would like some more .. but find it difficult to know who to trust to install them as you have to give them FTP access , if people were approved by IPS it would make life easier

Will this mean or could it mean a list of people that IPS trust to install mods etc for other people? EG: I do not have enough knowledge /or likely to :P to install mods myself, yet would like some more .. but find it difficult to know who to trust to install them as you have to give them FTP access , if people were approved by IPS it would make life easier

Not to sound like I am trying to do a shameless plug or anything, but www.invisionmodding.com can handle mod installations professionally and is owned by Michael, the moderator for IPS Resources.
Just suggesting, if you need the mods installed for a small fee, Invision Modding can handle it for you. Hopefully that helps.

Bitter.

Not to sound negative, but how does being a resources moderator say that IPS would trust the person to have access to their customer's server or files? :)

I suggested IPS certifications almost a year ago, but it seemed like it wasn't a very favored idea.

Not to sound negative, but how does being a resources moderator say that IPS would trust the person to have access to their customer's server or files? :)

I suggested IPS certifications almost a year ago, but it seemed like it wasn't a very favored idea.

Actually...it hasn't been forgotten either. ;) There's a ton going on, both publicly and behind the scenes, and a ton planned still. :) We just didn't want the articles and files offline for too long.

i like the idea of having the official resource site being on the invisionpower.com domain. it makes it more "official"

when i first got my license. i was a little lost with where to get mods and such. i think. if i was just becoming a customer. things would be clearer in this area now!

also:

For those suggesting it, we fully intend to add the Resources link to invisionpower.com - once we remove the "BETA" logo slapped up at the top. ;)

and with that logo be removed around the time the "beta" title is removed from nexus entirely? or sooner? (cant blame a guy for trying to get a hint can u? :lol:)

In the client centre IPS Beyond link needs to be changed to IPS Resources ( I mean the name not the link cos the link works) :P

plus I keep getting logged out as well from there

Anyone who is having logout problems should clear their (invisionpower.com) cookies and try again. We had to change some cookie settings after initial launch due to conflicts between the main client area and the resources site. :)

Archived