Pro SKin

Guest TestingSomething

No clue where to post this, but everything related to the Pro Skin is a nightmare becuase when there is ever an IPB version upgrade, it just seems impossible to figure out what to do. If we were to click revert to default template bits then obviously it would not even be "the pro skin" anymore.

I assume it doesn't alter the pro templates itself becuase how can it when so many of its template bits aren't default?

Not to mention so many of its gallery and blog templates are different than default too so we could never be sure what to do about that either.

Think how big of a nightmare it would be to do a difference report on the pro skin and figure out which changes were done by the author and which ones were modified by us.

If something hasn't been done or thought about with this, it needs to be. Maybe I am not noticing that it is somehow updated despite ahving non-default template bits, but I kind of doubt it.

I don't mean this to be a support question. It's a suggestion. But mayeb it somehow inserts he protemplates. If it does, don't forget to do it for gallery and blog upgrades too though...

lol

IPB 3.0 is seemign like a myth like my favorite group's cd that was supposed to come out many eyars ago then 2 years ago, then last year, then this year, now it's next year. :)

I don't want to have to redo modifications though, so it's good I guess that it is taking a while. I hope much won't have to be done to components at least...

lol

IPB 3.0 is seemign like a myth like my favorite group's cd that was supposed to come out many eyars ago then 2 years ago, then last year, then this year, now it's next year. :)

I don't want to have to redo modifications though, so it's good I guess that it is taking a while. I hope much won't have to be done to components at least...

But there's not some planned date when IPB 3.0 is released right? I was kinda searching for it, since I'm doubting on which software I should spend my money.. IPB or vB... hows the mod-scene of IPB? Are there CMS packs etc available?

Sorry if those questions have been asked more often, but it's my 1st post (woohoo) and I couldn't find some clean answers on the release info.

But there's not some planned date when IPB 3.0 is released right? I was kinda searching for it, since I'm doubting on which software I should spend my money.. IPB or vB... hows the mod-scene of IPB? Are there CMS packs etc available?

Sorry if those questions have been asked more often, but it's my 1st post (woohoo) and I couldn't find some clean answers on the release info.

Hello and welcome to the community. Regarding your questions, I suggest contacting our sales team, Email Sales, they would be able to answer any/all question you may have concerning our products.

Thank You

The modification community is quite lively. You can openly view this at http://invisionize.com, while you can browse through some of the information at http://ipsbeyond.com (full access limited to customers).

We have an official CMS in the works. See the Nexus related topics in this forum: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showforum=1

Unfortunately I cannot say when v3 will be released, as we haven't even determined that internally.

Thanks for the information Bfarber!

Looks pretty impressive!

If I buy IPB will I be allowed to download all new patches and also the versionchanges? So like 2 years later will I still be allowed to download the *.7 (if I purchased *.6 for example) and also download IPB4 (after years)?

Am I also allowed to install IPB on domainX and if I remove it from that site, upload IPB on domainY and use it over there (as long as I remove IPB from domainX).

I think that covers all my questions pretty much... (so far :P) and sorry for posting in a not really appropriat topic :P

Thanks for the information Bfarber!

Looks pretty impressive!

If I buy IPB will I be allowed to download all new patches and also the versionchanges? So like 2 years later will I still be allowed to download the *.7 (if I purchased *.6 for example) and also download IPB4 (after years)?

Am I also allowed to install IPB on domainX and if I remove it from that site, upload IPB on domainY and use it over there (as long as I remove IPB from domainX).

I think that covers all my questions pretty much... (so far :P) and sorry for posting in a not really appropriat topic :P

1) Yes you can download all new patches and version changes for 6 months after purchasing and then you need to pay a $25 renewal option to access upgrades and ticket support (Contacting IPS sales would answer all your pre-sales questions)

2) When you purchase your license you can install it on domainx and in your client centre via IPS you would put the URL to where its used and if you decide to no longer use it their you can change the URL in your client centre to the new url and delete it off the old domain
(Again IPS sales would give you exact answers)

Hope that at least helps somewhat

We only keep the most recent 2 major releases in the client area (i.e. right now it's most likely 2.3.2 and 2.2.2). However, if you download a copy of the software and retain it, you are free to use it for as long as you like. If you download 2.2.2 now (legally of course), and in 10 years wish to continue using it, you are certainly free to do so.

Archived