Not updated? IPS... :)

Guest WoLeRiNe`

what on earth are you talking about the guy is talking about IPS Main Forums is still using 2.3.1 not his own forums >_<

Oh.. Just didn't see that post. :o Sorry.
As I think, IPS do not have the time for upgrading the board , I think they have a lot of things to do with the IPS NEXUS. :)

IPS forgot to update the init.php file on this board, it really isn't a big deal though. They upgraded before the update was publicaly released.

IPS manually updates their forum from source (not using the upgrader) and sometimes forget to update the version number.

I love seeing these. Especially when it's wrong.

We haven't upgraded simply because we've been busy. Usually Charles has to set me up with temporary access to do the upgrade, and we've just had other things going on lately. We will update soon enough.

We don't manually patch our files either - we upload the same exact upgrades released to the public (we usually use the upgrade pack).

Yeah, that was mainly because there were so many hacks to our source during the 1.0 life span that we had to do it manually, the upgrader just wouldn't work. But around 2.0 time, we started with a completely fresh install, and now we just use the upgrade pack like everyone else.

Interesting, very interesting. I did a fresh install with 2.3.1, and have dutifully installed subsequent upgrades/patches/fixes so that I am running an up-to-date 2.3.2. However, the version reported at the bottom of the screen (before I turned it off) continued to report the version in use as 2.3.1; and, even though AdminCP shows 2.3.2 running, the notice that version 2.3.2 is available still sits in the upper right portion of the ACP.

Curious .... just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived