Piracy

Guest jordyboi

Not having a go here , But on numerous occasions i have reported boards using the piracy system and it has came to nothing!

I reported - http://www.htid1.com/forum & http://www.mm-beats.com/forum/

Both which i know are unlicensed as i worked with them untill i realised they were nulled and i quickly left.

Im not having a go at anyone at ipb because i respect you guys for the great software made , but why hasn't my reports been noted!

Piracy is a very very complicated matter. It's not as easy as going and telling them "Hey, take our software down" and they just comply.

This question comes up time and time again. We urge everyone to report pirated copies of our software, both usage and distribution. But beyond that, please do not expect a response, or immediate action. It takes a very long time sometimes to get it handled.

I understand that this topic has come up many times, but as a paying licence holder it's not nice to know there are people getting your software for free.

I wonder if you could give me a few tips on how to spot a fake site, and I will report to the correct place, as I know quite a few software site that host IPB forums that contain all version of IPB software with fix information.

This is my first post so be gentle.

Normally the conversations on this site are beyond my knowledge to comment, but I'm still learning.

All Have a Nice Day. :rolleyes:

I understand that this topic has come up many times, but as a paying licence holder it's not nice to know there are people getting your software for free.

I wonder if you could give me a few tips on how to spot a fake site, and I will report to the correct place, as I know quite a few software site that host IPB forums that contain all version of IPB software with fix information.

This is my first post so be gentle.

Normally the conversations on this site are beyond my knowledge to comment, but I'm still learning.

All Have a Nice Day. :rolleyes:

There was a way once to tell, but there were too many false reports of piracy.

So basically if you know a site is using IP.Board illegally you can report it, however if there is no discussion about it at that site it's unlikely you'll know.

Sometimes it'll say "nulled" at the copyright area.

• Management

We shut down distribution places and pirated boards almost daily. Sometimes a host complies quickly other times we have to escalate the matter. It all takes time and of course we always focus on distribution before single instances of a board.

• 2 weeks later...

We shut down distribution places and pirated boards almost daily. Sometimes a host complies quickly other times we have to escalate the matter. It all takes time and of course we always focus on distribution before single instances of a board.

Well is that so :whistle:? Would you mind if I a send you a link that is distributing your software, and every component you manufacture? So I can see if it really gets shutdown in the near future. And I am serious... even though this was slightly sarcastic... but you know where I am going.

Does it matter?

Yes it does because I stole some C4 from a abandoned arms factory in Russia, and then traveled to the server location in Dallas, TX - and planted some C4 on the server racks and blew the place up... unfortunately they were in reinforced cases so it was a waste of time traveling to get the explosives - and in the end we just burned the place Viking style. :shifty:

Yes... because we can see if IPS has a back bone and can stand up against people that want their way... and if we are paying for this I am sure they can afford to give and other people a yes / no answer.

• Management

As mentioned, thwarting piracy is a time consuming and often expensive process. Although we've handled over 800 piracy reports recently, it is not always a "flick of the switch" type situation where a site can simply be shut offline. It requires cooperation from hosts and in the event the host doesn't cooperate, it requires their host's cooperation.

It's not as cut and dry as you'd think, please hold back your confrontational and sarcastic comments, Stealth. :)

Archived