Question of upgrade from IPB v2.2 to v2.3

Guest thidepxinh

If you need them to upgrade it for you then go ahead and submitt a request. I would think they will honor it as long as you lis. was valid at the time of the request. If you can install it yourself, go ahead and download the latest copy, you will still have the right to upgrade your code, because your lis. was valid at time of release.

If you need them to upgrade it for you then go ahead and submitt a request. I would think they will honor it as long as you lis. was valid at the time of the request. If you can install it yourself, go ahead and download the latest copy, you will still have the right to upgrade your code, because your lis. was valid at time of release.

So u mean if my license haven't expired i can submit a request to ask them to help me to upgrade to v2.3 for free? or do i have to pay them for the upgrade? and another question is if my license have expired i can still download the v2.3 to upgrade myself???

Upgrades are free to those with active SLAs (service level agreements...aka support contracts) unless something has changed recently. After your support/update contract expires you will not have access to the download area for that license. However, if you download it now yourself, you will be allowed to use the last version available to you. In this case it is 2.3.

is it free? or must i pay?

Upgrades are free to those with active SLAs

(service level agreements...aka support contracts) unless something has changed recently. After your support/update contract expires you will not have access to the download area for that license. However, if you download it now yourself, you will be allowed to use the last version available to you. In this case it is 2.3.

It's free.

Just another question about updating from 2.2 to 2.3:

Can I just overwrite every folder? I will not overwrite folders like the emoticons because of using my own... But can I just overwrite stuff like /sources/ ? I don't want to get to every updated file and upload it one by one... ;) And I don't have to use any upgrade scripts since the database hasn't changed?

thanks

You can upload all files, except image files as you noted (though you should actually create a separate emote group for your own purposes). I'm not sure on DB changes, but some of the post data has changed (due to how bbcode is now handled) so you will want to run the upgrader script as usual.

whenever you upgrade to a new version, you need to watch what files you upload. You are overwriting all your files so of course the mods you have installed are going to be affected if you are uploading any new file over the older files...Just have to re-install them now.

whenever you upgrade to a new version, you need to watch what files you upload. You are overwriting all your files so of course the mods you have installed are going to be affected if you are uploading any new file over the older files...Just have to re-install them now.

ya as for this i knew, but i got alot of mod install and now they are all gone. it gonna take me ages to reinstall all of them!

You can upload all files, except image files as you noted (though you should actually create a separate emote group for your own purposes). I'm not sure on DB changes, but some of the post data has changed (due to how bbcode is now handled) so you will want to run the upgrader script as usual.

Thank you. So I will do it in the next hours. I like the new skin and I'm happy to use it on my board. :)

Archived