Is the Invision Website built using IP.Dynamic

Guest Matt Saunders

• Management

I don't think you can really afford to speculate as to our situation without knowing what we know. And we know what you don't know and knowing what you don't know empowers us to know what you know and what we know.

IP.Dynamic and IP.Nexus are both in heavy development. Josh and I are working full time on both products and we're going to blow your socks off when we finally announce the products. We really will. Say good-bye to your socks now.

I don't think you can really afford to speculate as to our situation without knowing what we know. And we know what you don't know and knowing what you don't know empowers us to know what you know and what we know.

He-he I love all the 'I know, you know' :D

IP.Dynamic and IP.Nexus are both in heavy development. Josh and I are working full time on both products and we're going to blow your socks off when we finally announce the products. We really will. Say good-bye to your socks now.

I've bought a new six pack just for this very occasion.

I think he's basically trying to say, go away, be patient for the product, and have a good day. :huggles:

But - they're my favourite pair. :o

:lol:

I don't think you can really afford to speculate as to our situation without knowing what we know. IP.Dynamic and IP.Nexus are both in heavy development. Josh and I are working full time on both products and we're going to blow your socks off when we finally announce the products. We really will. Say good-bye to your socks now.

Actually I can afford to speculate rather easily. So much so, that myself and I'm quite positive, many other customers have speculated their wallets and money right into other competing products. I'm glad your secrecy has empowered you. Customers and businesses can't wait for nebulous release dates, just like you can't afford nebulous paychecks. As for blowing our socks off, I think the only thing that could do that, is clearer communication and a timeline of products and features. It's pretty amazing how professional companies in your same field manage it every year.

Actually I can afford to speculate rather easily. So much so, that myself and I'm quite positive, many other customers have speculated their wallets and money right into other competing products. I'm glad your secrecy has empowered you. Customers and businesses can't wait for nebulous release dates, just like you can't afford nebulous paychecks. As for blowing our socks off, I think the only thing that could do that, is clearer communication and a timeline of products and features. It's pretty amazing how professional companies in your same field manage it every year.

Here here.

Why not? Is it going to cost us money we can ill afford to waste? No, I think we can speculate all we like, because IPS is doing a very poor job of keeping us updated with information. If memory serves it was August 2004 when IPD was announced. I remember you said you were confident of a public beta this January. It's no wonder people are constantly seeking information when the information they do get is essentially just fuel for the speculation fire.

I think you should remember that one of the reasons information is important to people is because they respect the work of IPS - and you personally - on IPB, and they believe that IPD will probably exceed IPB in quality. I know I do. It's not like people are 'hassling' you for information for a laugh. People are excited about the product and want information. There's no reason that IPS couldn't provide a weekly/bi-weekly update on IPD. You don't have to give away prospective release dates, but you could provide info on what's being developed etc. Apologies if this is actually happening, but I regularly check here and your blog and I've found no such update.

Knowing what I know about CMSs, and knowing what little I know about IPD, and knowing what I know about IPB, I am pretty confident IPD will blow my socks off. The only area where confidence is lacking is whether IPD will be released or not. :P

• Management

If memory serves it was August 2004 when IPD was announced. I remember you said you were confident of a public beta this January. It's no wonder people are constantly seeking information when the information they do get is essentially just fuel for the speculation fire.

I fully understand your position. It must be frustrating watching the months slip by without any news of a product that you're waiting for.

I did start IP.Dynamic in 2004 but it's changed a lot since then. Late last year we hit a crossroads with IP.Dynamic and IP.Nexus. We could have released them but they weren't perfect. We could have just released them, made a quick buck and added new features over time but we didn't want to do that. We want to really hit the bullseye on the first release so we've re-evaluated the products and put them back into development to come up with, what we think, is a knock-out suite of products.

We are in the final stages of development with both of them. Right now I'm working on some Safari / IE 6 issues with some of the dynamic scripting and then we'll test them internally for bugs.

We would make regular news bulletins but they'd be pretty banal. We're being deliberately tight-lipped about the feature sets because we want to make an impact in one go and not release dribs and drabs of information.

I fully understand your position. It must be frustrating watching the months slip by without any news of a product that you're waiting for.

I did start IP.Dynamic in 2004 but it's changed a lot since then. Late last year we hit a crossroads with IP.Dynamic and IP.Nexus. We could have released them but they weren't perfect. We could have just released them, made a quick buck and added new features over time but we didn't want to do that. We want to really hit the bullseye on the first release so we've re-evaluated the products and put them back into development to come up with, what we think, is a knock-out suite of products.

We are in the final stages of development with both of them. Right now I'm working on some Safari / IE 6 issues with some of the dynamic scripting and then we'll test them internally for bugs.

We would make regular news bulletins but they'd be pretty banal. We're being deliberately tight-lipped about the feature sets because we want to make an impact in one go and not release dribs and drabs of information.

Fair enough, I fully respect your right to approach this in your way. I can't help but want as much information as possible though, so I do understand about being tight-lipped, but I still want to grease them every now and then...no, wait I didn't mean that quite like it sounded...oh, hell just go and develop IPD and we'll talk again when it's done :)

Archived