Feature Request: Font size chooser

Guest blair

Joomla recently introduced a nice little java applet to change font size, and it's been a common feature on blogs for a while.

Accessibility is a real concern. Older visitors, or those with poor eyesight may have difficulty reading the default font. FireFox allows the font to be re-sized, but IE does not. Increasing the default font size, will create even more complaints. It's impossible to keep everyone happy. A simple font size selector would be a welcome feature.

IE6 and IE7 both have the Text Size option that effects ONLY text.
View > Text Size > Larger or Largest.

Or if you are in IE7 and haven't put the menu back,
Page > Text Size > Larger or Largest.

Just like Firefox, IE7 has a zoom feature located in the bottom right, and in the Page > Zoom menu.

--------------------
Edit
--------------------
Oh I see... the "Text Size" cannot be changed. This could be possibly considered a bug, but I'm not sure its any major thing. I'll have to find the exact css values that have to be set to allow the text size change and post it in the bug tracker.

It appears all text sizes would have to be changed to em's, and that breaks for nested css elemets which might require a serious skin overhaul. I'll continue to look.

I don't really see a need for this, all of the "old" people I know hardly know how to use a computer let along know what IPB or a forums / web hosting is. But in the topic posts you can edit your font size, so thats technically a feature. You could just edit he default font size value to a larger number, but that might not work for all your users.

Archived