Better member search in ACP

Guest C_ind

What I'd like to see in ACP > Manage Members > Member Search is the custom profile fields listed, so you can search for what members have entered there. For instance, you see on IPSB, Invision Modding and IZE that people frequently ask how they can remove bots that have already registered with 'google' or the username entered into the custom profile fields. If all these members could be identified, then you can combine it with 'Find Members to Prune (Mass Delete)' selected from the 'Type of Search' drop-down.

More options should be added to 'Type of Search', like move to group. Of course you'd then also need a drop-down list for groups to move to, in case this option was selected.

Better yet, there should be two kinds of result pages, 'normal' and 'mass manage'. In the 'mass manage' mode, you'd find one member per line with a checkbox in a column to the right. Then at the bottom of the page, there should be a mass manage menu, like move to group, suspend and delete.

I've got no idea how I missed it. Perhaps I was logged into a localhost test installation and found myself surprised I couldn't search for the custom profile fields at the live board. Time for a few cups of coffee methinks. :)

Mass manage options with checkboxes then?

I was just thinking there could be a drop-down menu of choices, like you see on the moderation panel. Say you want to search for spammers using certain criteria, then get lots of results in 'mass manage' mode. You go through all of them then and uncheck the box besides those you recognize as legitimate members, then select Move Group from the menu, are brought to a new screen and pick out 'Banned' there. I wish it was that simple.

Archived