Hey what's up with the lack of news?

Guest Canadian Hotdogman

Im glad, no news is good news. I'm happy that there isnt many security upgrades, i think no updates is a good thing because most of them are fixes, and to not have anything fixed means nothing needs fixing therefor it is a good software.

If you get what i mean...

I'd like to hear more about some of IPS's new products but we'll probably not get a release of that for a long time.

At some point somebody is going to find a security hole in code written two years ago, because of a new PHP version that makes it exploitable, and you'll all start thinking back to the good ol' days when there were no news and no updates for weeks or months at a time. :)

Kacy's got the right idea about it IMO.

• Management

We have a host of exciting things to report in coming weeks (including Nexus/Dynamic.) History has told us (and many of you) that announcing before ready leads to disappointment for anxious users, excess pressure for the developers and excess inspiration to competitors. This time around, we're keeping our hats on until we truly are ready. I know it's been said before, however, it won't be long.

I can tell you that the next update release of the community suite is slated for next week and things are progressing well. We also have some blog-worthy items to report, so you can expect that shortly as well. :)

I can tell you that the next update release of the community suite is slated for next week and things are progressing well.

finally. 2.2.1 was too buggy for my use. I am glad to see 2.2.2 is due out very soon. The importaint bugs that I have been following and helping submit have been corrected for 2.2.2

We have a host of exciting things to report in coming weeks (including Nexus/

Dynamic

.)

Eagerly waiting for IP. Dynamic. Currently I am keeping a close eye on cjvj's IPB CMS but if Dynamic is made available shortly then I'll be one of the customers for sure. :thumbsup:

We have a host of exciting things to report in coming weeks (including Nexus/Dynamic.) History has told us (and many of you) that announcing before ready leads to disappointment for anxious users, excess pressure for the developers and excess inspiration to competitors. This time around, we're keeping our hats on until we truly are ready. I know it's been said before, however, it won't be long.

I can tell you that the next update release of the community suite is slated for next week and things are progressing well. We also have some blog-worthy items to report, so you can expect that shortly as well. :)

/agreed

Lindy couldn't have said it any better and pretty much sums up my thoughts as well on all of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Or the feature list?

It's hard to get excited about just a name. How is this different from the the few thousand other CMS packages out there and what does it have over Joomla and Drupal?

Take a look at Matt's blog, there's quite a lot of information on there.

Archived