New accounts

Guest Logan0

One improvement would be the speed of processing new acounts.

I paid for ipb board in good faith via paypal, i was informed that paypal had sent the money, I was also informed via the ipb client login that payment had been recieved yet i still have not recieved anything from ipb??

Regards

IIRC, your license time starts when IPS approve it - which will be first thing monday morning, so you're not loosing any license time.
If monday comes and it has not been approved, you can always give them a call and they'll do it there and then.

IIRC, your license time starts when IPS approve it - which will be first thing monday morning, so you're not loosing any license time.

If monday comes and it has not been approved, you can always give them a call and they'll do it there and then.

Thanks Prof
I just popped back to apologize as I have noticed where it says inactive package that the renewal date is moving along to match when it becomes active. But thanks for the reply.

Regards

Because not so long ago someone fooled the system, bought loads of licenses, which the system thought were paid for, when in fact they were not and sold them on a popular IPB resource site :)

And because, when I helped process payments for IPS, easily 10-15% of all new orders were fraudulent. Chuck made the right decision to manually review all incoming orders. Better safe than sorry. :thumbsup:

sounds pretty simple to me... if money in account approve account else don't... ipb has its own small e-commerce solution and ips is doing a dedicated solution (nexus and dynamic) how can they promote confidence in these products if they don't have confidence in making a system for themselves?

The system works fine.

That doesn't stop chargebacks from happening.
It also doesn't stop people from purchasing IPB with a stolen Paypal account.

Both of which happen all the time. :thumbsup: Because of the 5% of orders that this occurs on, however, the other 95% must 'suffer' and wait for the purchase to be manually approved.

User A steals User B's paypal account.
User A purchases IPB. With automated approval, they get to download and install right away.
User B reports to Paypal their account was hijacked.
Paypal now retracts the payment

IPS is out $150, and User A got the software for free.

See the problem?

ipb has its own small e-commerce solution and ips is doing a dedicated solution (nexus and dynamic) how can they promote confidence in these products if they don't have confidence in making a system for themselves?

As an FYI, I confirmed with Josh - you are not required to perform manual approvals in the Nexus software itself. It is something we do to combat fraud. It is recommended of course. But the software is capable at the core level of performing automated approvals.

yea i assumed that it would be automated as its not really a solution if you have to do it manually. I can see the problem with paypal stolen accounts however if user b steals user a's account and sales are on a role that day and approve the account and THEN user a reports the paypal account not realising it was stolen, user b still has ipb and paypal still take the money out and ips is still out. Also to be honest paypal accounts aren't stolen that much and i think paypal does some protection for business's that caught up in this type of situation.

Archived