URL Changes and Consistent Policies

Guest Michael P

Sometime ago I wished to move the URL from an active to inactive package, because the URL in the active package required no more support, and I wanted to use the active license on another project, this was done for me. Now I have an inactive license where the board is no longer in use, and I wish to change the URL to another forum I have, so that I can use the active package for another project, and I have been told that I can't do this.

It would be nice if there was some consistency with policies, as it seems unfair to be expected to pay $150 for something I am licensed to have.

I have something of the same issue. I have an inactive license for a test board that required no support, and now I can't change the URL for that board in my client center to be for a new board. So basically my inactive license is locked in to a certain URL, which now I can't even remember what it was as that board hasn't existed for a while.

• Management

Please contact customer service - we should be able to update the licenses for you under such circumstances. Please feel free to drop me a PM with your client area details as well as all URL information, I'll be happy to investigate further. :)

• Management

I'm sorry for the confusion, Michael - I misread your post and missed the word "inactive" -- if a license is expired in our system, it can generally no longer be modified within Nexus. I've updated your ticket and we'll figure something out for you. :)

Archived