[FEEDBACK] Logging on

Guest theclub

I still have to keep logging on here, and this is not the first time I have brought it up.

Will someone from IPS please explain to those of us affected by this exactly why?

I am SO glad I haven't upgraded to 2.2, there is no way I am going to subject my members to this! :(

PS: Don't tell me to delete cookies, wipe out temp files, or anything else my end ... none of it works.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a new security thing apparently. I already reported it as a bug, and it was "working as intended". Eventually it just stopped happening to me. I think its because of people that where on the old boards and when updated the cache changed or something.

Its stopped for me, just clear your cache and relogin.
*cough* Get firefox *cough*

I never have to re-login - I haven't been to this forum since Friday, and I just opened it up and I'm still logged in.

It's not a global bug - there is something causing you to be logged out. Do you visit from multiple locations? i.e. work and home? That would reset your login key and you'd have to re-login, for example. There's something specific causing it, and I can't reproduce (here, at least).

I've seen it happen here, Invisionize, my own board and others. I only ever access these sites from the same PC in the same location. It seems to be random - sometimes I have to login, sometimes I don't (I've never actually tried timing this).

I use Firefox 2.0.0.1 and have no desire to switch browser just to see if it fixes the problem.

Archived