Invision Power Dynamic ?

Guest China J

Invision Power Dynamic is our forthcoming content management system. Invision Power Dynamic is designed to make site creation and maintenance an easy task by automating many common tasks by making use of built in components such as article management, menu management, RSS management and more.

Invision Power Dynamic has gone through some radical changes over the past few months as development has entered the final stages of alpha building and testing. Many new features have been added and many improved.

Invision Power Dynamic Overview

Invision Power Dynamic powered websites are built around pages, templates, blocks and components. Templates, blocks and components are added into pages via special tags. An Invision Power Dynamic page is comparable with a regular web-page. It appears in Invision Power Dynamic's filesystem as a regular page and can be edited, moved or deleted. Pages can accept templates to help re-use common elements. You can embed templates inside of other templates by using the special template tags. Components are special modules which extend the functionality of Invision Power Dynamic. Invision Power Dynamic is installed with several default components, including an RSS import manager, a menu manager and an articles manager. These components are configured independently and are added into templates or pages via their special tags.

Page Management

The screen-capture below shows the overview of the page management interface.

post-62-1133781810_thumb.jpg

The movie below shows the rich interface Invision Power Dynamic employs to make common tasks much easier. You can drag and drop folders and pages into other folders to move them as one would in a normal filesystem. You can also click and hold to edit the filename of the page or folder as you would in a normal filesystem. These features take advantage of rich DOM HTML scripting which don't require a page refresh from your browser.

ipd_page_management.mov

The movie below shows the various options one has when creating and editing a page. Each tab represents a different section. You can make the page an alias of another, make it redirect to another URL or pass off the rendering to a custom module. You can also set up page creation and expiration dates as well as control which permission masks (which are assigned to members and groups) have read access.

ipd_page_options.mov

Menu Management

Every website needs efficient and clear navigation. Invision Power Dynamic automates this procedure with its menu management component. The screenshots below show the overview and edit screens.

post-62-1133781701_thumb.jpg

post-62-1133781682_thumb.jpg

Articles Management

The articles manager is at the core of Invision Power Dynamic's content management system. Articles can be anything, from blog entries, news entries and knowledge base articles to shopping cart items. Each article group can contain article categories which can contain child categories and articles. Each article can accept comments. Each article group can have custom views which are user-defined instruction sets for getting and displaying articles. You can run each custom view past a custom template for some truly custom layouts.

The screenshot below shows an article group's management screen.

post-62-1133781636_thumb.jpg

The movie below shows the ease at which comments can be modified, deleted or (un)published.

ipd_article_comments.mov

This concludes this product update. More information on Invision Power Dynamic will be made available shortly and details on how to apply for the first round of beta testing will be announced in due course.

Invision Power Dynamic has gone through some radical changes over the past few months as development has entered the final stages of alpha building and testing. Many new features have been added and many improved.

This was in alpha building and testing over a year ago... Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for release to public? Or has this been squashed? How about Nexus too? :whistle:

Thank you ChinaJ for starting this thread. I am desparately looking for a CMS with a robust article system for my board. There are some article systems out there in the market but none of them meets my requirements. I am closely following one of the modders CMS sytem that is in beta stage now. His article system has almost all the features that I require. I would love to have an official product though(if IP.Dynamic is still alive and meets my requirements). if the thread generates some responses from the official guys then I'll list a bunch of features that i would like to have in the article system. Thank you.

There no IPD news anymore and this is so bad even Mattmecham`s blog did not offer news about IPD from along time

i really hope they can release it soon becuase really my site is offline and im waiting it

Because they are posting it in the company blog now :P

Anyway give them time, they are doing well to keep upgrading IP.Board, IP.Blog, IP.Download Manager and IP.Gallery. Then on top of that there developing IP.Converge, IP.Nexus and IP.Dynamic.

I heard amount complete = 93 + ((0.7635^3 / pi) * -6 )

But you know, it's just a rough estimate

Lets get one thing straight, I make the equations here. :whistle:

1) Dynamic + Converge = Incomplete Project
2) Dynamic_Status=93 + Converge_Status=1 *2 (#workspeed#) + (#number_of_people_on_project#) + mm/dd/**** of release = Finish

Lets get one thing straight, I make the equations here. :whistle:

1) Dynamic + Converge = Incomplete Project

2) Dynamic_Status=93 + Converge_Status=1 *2 (#workspeed#) + (#number_of_people_on_project#) + mm/dd/**** of release = Finish

or just... March 26, 2013 @ 10:34:19.0212 PM UTC
/claps
Maybe Microsoft will have released a new OS by then x'D

It's called "Vista" Stanley, and it's released in 2007. Following that is [[Unknown Product Name]] in 2008, Vista's server equivelant. So really, what you should say is "Maybe by then a Linux vendor will have a software installation platform that doesn't suck" because that's far less likely to happen ;)

• Management

Honestly, we don't have any machevillian plans to dupe people into waiting for our products and we don't have some kind of amusing social experiment based on lying about release dates.

We give you off the cuff and informal updates on this forum when asked. We don't have a crystal ball and neither will we release something just because we said we may in a topic once. It's no secret that IP.Dynamic and IP.Nexus are two of our oldest and most delayed projects. We're working extremely hard to ensure that IP.Dynamic and IP.Nexus are relevant and cutting edge in today's market place.

Both of these applications spearhead a new direction for IPS and we want to make sure we get it right.

As always, we'll make an announcement when we have something to announce. :)

Honestly, we don't have any machevillian plans to dupe people into waiting for our products and we don't have some kind of amusing social experiment based on lying about release dates.

We give you off the cuff and informal updates on this forum when asked. We don't have a crystal ball and neither will we release something just because we said we may in a topic once. It's no secret that IP.Dynamic and IP.Nexus are two of our oldest and most delayed projects. We're working extremely hard to ensure that IP.Dynamic and IP.Nexus are relevant and cutting edge in today's market place.

Both of these applications spearhead a new direction for IPS and we want to make sure we get it right.

As always, we'll make an announcement when we have something to announce. :)

Thanks Matt for the update. Look forward to any updates you may post. :thumbsup:

Sorry, my post looked kind of kinda like the usual whining you get... Actually it wasn't meant like that... I'm gonna keep waiting for the Nexus, and as a user of IPB I can only say, that if Nexus will be as full-featured and yet logical/easy to use billing system as IPB is a forums system, I will keep waiting for it as long as it takes for you guys (and girls :P) to feel, that it's ready for the release... Keep up the good work (y)

• 5 weeks later...

Just some simple questions:

Is the project IP.D dead or can the users calculate with a release of it for their own website projects within a conceivable time?

I remember there was a IP.D (home)page with details of this software, but now I can not even find this. Perhaps anyone can help me to find this site or do I have to take another CMS as IP.D will never be finished?

This post should not be sarcasm or something like this, but I really need some answers to all the questions from my website team - I gave them a runaround for such a long time now (much more than a year like "it will be released very soon") and I am afraid that in the meantime they think I want to take the mickey out of them!

Hope you understand my english, I know it's not a perfect one :rolleyes: !

With best regards, Peter

• Management

IP.Dynamic is extremely far from dead. As it happens, I'm working on extracting all the hard-coded language from the skin files into language packs currently. I wrote a little script to help automate this and it's definitely speeding up the process.

As always, we'll make an announcement when we've something to announce. It's simply too early to start giving estimates, etc.

he said nothing about changing the direction of the components and text though, which is important for people who write in languages which don't follow the left/right western patern but typically written top/down like chinese, right/left like arabic etc... (I guess... :P)

Archived