IPB 2.2 is perfect!

Guest sokheng

I think that in two weeks there will be a 2.2.1 patch to correct a dozen or so little things. Most major releases have a small cleanup patch soon after for this reason :).

According to the IPS News Company Blog, it states that a 2.2.1 patch will be out the week of Dec 11th.

Its very far from perfect, it is causing no end of problems, you only have to read the different forums to see that.

Just like andre said, only those who have problems will post and as for those who are enjoying the good features of ipb 2.2 will keep quiet. It is natural that some problems do occur because of different server and condition. Just like yesterday when i just upgrade my forum, the admin area seem not to be working fine. But after i checked, it is because i did not config the board url in conf_global.php properly, so cannot say there are no end problem.

Just like andre said, only those who have problems will post and as for those who are enjoying the good features of ipb 2.2 will keep quiet. It is natural that some problems do occur because of different server and condition. Just like yesterday when i just upgrade my forum, the admin area seem not to be working fine. But after i checked, it is because i did not config the board url in conf_global.php properly, so cannot say there are no end problem.

I agree andre, you are right only those who have problems will post. :thumbsup:

"If you're like many readers, you likely think that now that the 2.2 and site launch is complete, we're going to simply sit in our cushy executive chairs, ending our hunger for world domination. Oh how wrong you are for we at IPS are never satisfied!" this is what IPS staff said, so don't worry.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/blog/ips_news/index.php

Yes, by comparing to vbullentin, phpbb, etc, IPS now is top. Previous version was not very good. But IPB 2.2 is very good with some professional interface. New profile page and member page is very nice and cool. :)

phpbb is really going lower then all other freebie BB's as you guys go to look

phpBB 2.1/2.2/3.0.0 it is now called v3.0.0 has been in development since IPB 2.0.0 Beta 1

still not released as FINAL

IPB 2.2.0 is pureply the best

"If you're like many readers, you likely think that now that the 2.2 and site launch is complete, we're going to simply sit in our cushy executive chairs, ending our hunger for world domination. Oh how wrong you are for we at IPS are never satisfied!" this is what IPS staff said, so don't worry.

http://forums.invisionpower.com/blog/ips_news/index.php

Lol i'm not worrying at all. I've got lots of confidence in this company and I was saying that merely as a joke :P

but good lookin out :)

2.2 is fab! I love it!

Just out of interest how long is it between new versions being release.

Nick

Well it depends on what you mean by versions. If you mean just a patch version like 2.2.1 then I believe it is ment to be out for the 12th December.

Though, if your asking how long till 3.0 is to be released, We, as customers have no idea and probably won't do until an announcement.

Archived