Release date of IPB 2.2

Guest Renegade89

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the biggest spam forum I have ever seen, I only asked for the date and about 90% of the replies were pointless and not required. Spammers! :P

The point of these post is that you have asked the one question that will never be answered in this forum. It has been answered many times, that a version will be released when IPS is ready.

No one knows exact dates dude...and staff will never give them because if the deadline does not actually happen with the product (it being released on that day), then there will be some VERY upset people...so its always better for them to say nothing or, soon it will be here. Public Deadlines cause nothing but trouble...so dont ask for a definitive answer that they will never give (unless they have the product done, and are going to release it the next day or something for sure).

Mod should close this thread...

Big bunch of spammers, You all have no life... Wasting your time posting millions of topics asking about the release of Final IP.B 2.2.0... This question won't & can't be answered just like that... You keep bugging and spamming over IPS... IT WILL BE RELEASED when it will be READY! IPS won't hold it for them selves just like that... If they would keep the product one day more for each topic you made about "when it will be released" We would all wait for about 1 year... Better wait and get a good product then something which doesn't work, has bugs or is vulnerable... Everything is about time... Quality needs time, give them the time they need! When it's ready they WILL release it!

October 24th 1945

at 03:04

Ok pal - you've killed it now.

"You all have no life" - "Big bunch of spammers" - dude, can't you just make your point using valid points?

Anyway - it'll be complete when it's complete. Being here since 2004 I've learned developers don't fancy putting themself under pressure by releasing it on a certain day so, as I just said, when it's tested, complete, bug-free it'll be released. Maybe Matt should add an option to IPS forums register, "Tick here if you understand that we never usually give release dates out, so don't ask" ? ;)

I'm sure if you like they could be like any Microsoft release and put it out without fixing everything, upsetting users, etc. ;)

*Sighs* You know too little about Microsoft & business to even be throwing that false inaccurate accusation. I'd not go there if I was you :rolleyes:
As for the release date for IPB 2.2.0 it's not going to be any time soon so continue in your ways and just patiently wait.

Can't this topic be locked yet? :ermm:

Ok pal - you've killed it now.

"You all have no life" - "Big bunch of spammers" - dude, can't you just make your point using valid points?

Anyway - it'll be complete when it's complete. Being here since 2004 I've learned developers don't fancy putting themself under pressure by releasing it on a certain day so, as I just said, when it's tested, complete, bug-free it'll be released. Maybe Matt should add an option to IPS forums register, "Tick here if you understand that we never usually give release dates out, so don't ask" ? ;)

G golly. Thanks pal!

...As for the release date for IPB 2.2.0 it's not going to be any time soon so ... :ermm:

I disagree with you there, there's only a handfull isues open, it'll probably go final straight after the security review.

Completely lost interest now, think I'll stick with 2.1.7 until something major is released that is worth the wait.

I was exited about this release around July but the delay of releasing this isn't acceptable. Nothing major has been added, not thats been requested anyway. The profile system is nice enough, but the my friends feature you can't even turn off, sucks! I think we need more control over the new profile page, but I imagine that'll take us far into 2007 to sort that out. :whistle:

Completely lost interest now, think I'll stick with 2.1.7 until something major is released that is worth the wait.

I was exited about this release around July but the delay of releasing this isn't acceptable. Nothing major has been added, not thats been requested anyway. The profile system is nice enough, but the my friends feature you can't even turn off, sucks! I think we need more control over the new profile page, but I imagine that'll take us far into 2007 to sort that out. :whistle:

I'm with you there, there's nothing special in this release, I would turn the profile off until there is more control, and I hate the friends feature and wouldn't dream of upgrading until I could completely banish it. I also need to make ten new skins for my football team forums, so wouldn't be able to start until 2.2.3 or 2.2.4 anyway because of the template changes. I'll stick to 2.1.7 at least until we get some idea of when 3/0 is due.

:unsure:

Archived