Something is really wrong...

Guest .KX

Here's a few screenshots of what I'm talking about, the css, js, even the images are just loading and not loading when they feel like it. It's seriously messed up. Sometimes I get white pages, sometimes I get asked to download index.php, once I got a picture of a flucking animated cat instead of the board index.

I've checked my PC for adware, spyware and viruses. Zone Alarm Pro and Avast find nothing.

onexw1.png

twoxk2.png

threelr3.png

foursc7.png

weirdipbpersonalportaltdd4.png

Somethings wrong with your browser/computer I'm afraid. There's no way that be caused randomly by IPB (the css file is static so if it was doing it, it'd do it for everyone).

The white pages are something to do with the server here using DDoS protection. Just give it a few seconds, refresh and it should load.

Okay, it would seem that the problems were all down to using Google's Web Accelerator Add-on for Firefox 2. Why is it doing this though?

Because your modifying how the website is being sent ( I have no idea how the Web Accelerator Works, I suspect some sort of cache or something to that effect ).

Plus the fact, I suspect if any version would have a bug, is the updated version for FF2 due to it just being released recently.

Because your modifying how the website is being sent ( I have no idea how the Web Accelerator Works, I suspect some sort of cache or something to that effect ).

Plus the fact, I suspect if any version would have a bug, is the updated version for FF2 due to it just being released recently.

I think I can explain that. Google Web Accelerator works by transparently redirecting ALL web requests (including SSL) through to Google's cache servers instead of directly to the remote server. What happens, is Google serves up it's cached copy of the page rather than fetching the page. Supposedly this saves you time. The problem lies in that Google's cache servers don't honour pragma headers, content expiry headers, and privacy headers. Also, Google's servers cache any content you access "to speed things up for other GWA users".

GWA is unanimously referred to as a MASSIVE security and privacy risk, as on some popular sites, people using GWA were served pages such as user information for other users. In fact, on Something Awful, people were served other users' private messages!

Also, GWA fetches a copy of every single link on a page in advance of you clicking any of them, so that "the page is available before clicking it". ( I think we can take a blind guess what IPS' DDoS protection thinks of THAT! )

Yeah, Privacy activists really hate the thing. Not so much as Webmasters though :P

Potentially, users with GWA are a tremendous drain on bandwidth. I've heard stories that some webmasters actually firewall any GWA requests to prevent the usage. Unfortunately, you can't block by User Agent (it forwards the users' UA string) but you can detect it by the "prefetch" header it sends.

Supporters United, You my friend are an idiot.

That is IPS forums.

No my friend, you're the idiot.

First, you upgraded a live board with a release candidate after being warned not to ... stupid.

Second, this is NOT a support forum, as you well know, and it is mentioned, EVERYWHERE, that there is no IPS support for RC releases.

when is he not one?

Quick, get back to your forum basher, it looks like you've got a visitor!

:lol:

When will you get it into your ferocrete skull that I didn't upload a live board with a release candidate. You stupid moron.

Those screenshots are of IPS's forums, I don't even have a live board as of yet. Now who's stupid?

And I wasn't asking for support with IP.Board, per say. As in the end, the problem was down to software I had installed on my PC, not IP.Boad, before I made the topic I knew that the problem might not be down to IP.Board and it wasn't.

Somethings wrong with your browser/computer I'm afraid. There's no way that be caused randomly by IPB (the css file is static so if it was doing it, it'd do it for everyone).

The white pages are something to do with the server here using DDoS protection. Just give it a few seconds, refresh and it should load.

actually, there are occasions when it does the second bit for me as well..where it kinda looks like it's using the lofi skin instead of the standard? I do a refresh and it goes back to normal.

This is usin IE6.

I'm probably just goin too fast. :lol:

It's not often...maybe once a day or so...

Archived