Installer Suggestion

Guest SnakEyez

Just a thought, but I know when the installer runs through its check, from the beginning (the chmod check) to the later checks of whether data gets inserted into the database.

I was just thinking that maybe you should have a Refresh button along with with Cancel button that is currently in the installer. This way if a connection doesn't go through, or the permissions are not set properly the form can just resend through the installer instead of the user having to manually refresh the page and seeing the stupid warnings to say "Are you sure you want to send this form again" assuming you knew you were sending a form to begin with.

Also a 'pause' button might help. Some people might be installing (or upgrading) a board, and there connection goes out, if you try to "rerun" the upgrader, you can't (I believe).

I agree with this, as it timed out for me on the skin steps ( whenever it was updating the skins ) and I couldn't refresh and then whenever I tried to access it again it said I had already upgraded to the latest version. Thus, I could not access it anymore and it gave me errors. There definitely needs to be something to fix this issue with timing out on the skin steps and any of the other steps involved.

Also a 'pause' button might help. Some people might be installing (or upgrading) a board, and there connection goes out, if you try to "rerun" the upgrader, you can't (I believe).

I agree that the installer should have a "start/stop/pause" function, like on a DVD remote.

++

I also preferred the old installers look. :)

Meh... I didn't. The new installer looks far better.

Archived