Custom Profile Fields

Guest Indie Cindy

They do display. Right underneath birthday and warning. It appears in the section called "Other Information". (It's above statistics).
It only seems to appear though if you set display information in the "Topic View Format" box.

Yeah, none of my custom fields are viewable in the topic view, and the ones that are display images (like for gender it displays two different images) however they should always be in the profile (otherwise they don't exist!) and plain text.

I noticed this with Beta 1 and eventually reported it as a bug. It's not a bug, that is how it is set up. <_< I use several custom fields at my ipboard and only one would fit in topic view; the rest of the custom fields are long. My very active members have their into's, favorite books, and etcetera listed in the various custom fields which I set up for them.

<_< Because the custom fields are set up this way, I will have to open the RenderRow template and remove this from all of the skins that I will have.

<if="$author['custom_fields'] != """>
                    {$author['custom_fields']}
                </if>
                <br />

If I do not do this, the posts will be stretched way down because of all of the custom profile fields which I will have to display there in order for them to display in the new profile. This of course will limit me to showing no custom fields, but I simply can not have several long wordy custom fields displaying in the topic view.

If there is another way to make the custom fields show, I am all ears. It would be my preference to have them all show in an iframe behind one tab.

The "old style" was that everything showed up in the profile and only the custom fields that you wanted to show up next to posts were displayed in the forums. The problem with lumping "show in profile and topics" together is similar to what putermom is saying; I would like certain things to show up next to posts (like what school a user is from - my board is educational), but not others (I don't need someone's list of favorite music displaying under their name in every topic). I personally liked the way the old style worked better, but there should at least be the choice to show the custom profile fields independently in the profile and under names in the topics. An "all or nothing" system is not functionally helpful.

Archived