well seems like something is wrong

Guest Will L.

Upgrade goes fine until the end, where this Mysql error appears.

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_conf_settings_titles SET conf_title_title='Board Guidelines',conf_title_desc='This section allows you to maintain your board guidelines. If enabled, a link will be added to the board header linking to the board guidelines.',conf_title_keyword='boardguidelines',conf_title_noshow=0,conf_title_module='' WHERE conf_title_id=1

SQL error: Unknown column 'conf_title_module' in 'field list'
SQL error code: 1054
Date: Thursday 19th of October 2006 10:03:05 AM

When you attempt to enter the www.site/forum/index.php, the board will only show a IPB Driver Error notice. Additionally, the www.site.com/forum/admin.php will allow you to log in but also will generate an error and will not proceed.

just tested another upgrade that is same error I get

Ok, the SQL error during upgrade I'll look into more closely.

It's because you have ipb_settings_partial.xml files in the upgrade folders - however, they aren't in the main release (or shouldn't be, they're not in my local subversion dump). It's trying to insert the settings before it actually creates those new columns.

Here's what you can try to do, simply to test RC1 (we'll need to 'fix' this better for final of course):

Delete those ipb_settings_partial.xml files from upgrade/installfiles/upg_21010 and upg_21011 folders.
Go into phpmyadmin, ibf_upgrade_history and remove the IPB 2.2/IPB 2.1.7 rows.
Try the upgrader again

I've verified, in upg_22005/mysql_updates.php the queries to create those columns are there, so it's not a case of missing queries.

If one person will PM me with access to an install (ACP login and FTP) where this has happened I'll check it out firsthand to make sure this is the issue and there's not something else going on.

Ok, the SQL error during upgrade I'll look into more closely.

It's because you have ipb_settings_partial.xml files in the upgrade folders - however, they aren't in the main release (or shouldn't be, they're not in my local subversion dump). It's trying to insert the settings before it actually creates those new columns.

Here's what you can try to do, simply to test RC1 (we'll need to 'fix' this better for final of course):

Delete those ipb_settings_partial.xml files from upgrade/installfiles/upg_21010 and upg_21011 folders.Q

Go into phpmyadmin, ibf_upgrade_history and remove the IPB 2.2/IPB 2.1.7 rows.

Try the upgrader again

I've verified, in upg_22005/mysql_updates.php the queries to create those columns are there, so it's not a case of missing queries.

If one person will PM me with access to an install (ACP login and FTP) where this has happened I'll check it out firsthand to make sure this is the issue and there's not something else going on.

Sending PM...

I removed the rows like you said and the upgrader ran but there were 8 errors but when I continued I get this on a white background:

Array ( [upgrade_id] => 1 [upgrade_version_id] => 21010 [upgrade_version_human] => 2.1.4 [upgrade_date] => 0 [upgrade_mid] => 0 [upgrade_notes] => ) Array ( [upgrade_id] => 2 [upgrade_version_id] => 21011 [upgrade_version_human] => 2.1.5 [upgrade_date] => 1141341506 [upgrade_mid] => 1 [upgrade_notes] => ) Array ( [upgrade_id] => 3 [upgrade_version_id] => 21012 [upgrade_version_human] => 2.1.6 [upgrade_date] => 1146757052 [upgrade_mid] => 1 [upgrade_notes] => 21012.60629.s ) Array ( [upgrade_id] => 4 [upgrade_version_id] => 21013 [upgrade_version_human] => 2.1.7 [upgrade_date] => 1152919088 [upgrade_mid] => 1 [upgrade_notes] => 21013.61017.s )

Taylor

That's because I'm working on your upgrade right now. ;) I was printing out data to see what had been stored.

I think I've got the issue pinned down. Give me another 2 minutes to make sure and I'll update everyone (it's an easy fix if this finishes succesfully).

This should serve as a warning for anyone wondering *why* we don't recommend upgrading your live board with an RC release. ;)

But luckily, for anyone experiencing the error pointed out above, the fix is simple.

Login to FTP, go to upgrade/installfiles/upg_21013
Delete version_history.php

Go back to /upgrade in your browser and finish the upgrade routine. :)

It seems to be working but why can't I access blog or gallery and where are peoples photos?

Edit: i saw the tool but the blog and gallery dont work still :(

---

Fatal error: Class sql_blog_queries: Cannot inherit from undefined class db_driver in /home/teeyaych/public_html/sources/sql/mysql_blog_queries.php on line 30

Fatal error: Class gallery_sql_queries: Cannot inherit from undefined class db_driver in /home/teeyaych/public_html/sources/sql/mysql_gallery_queries.php on line 18

and if i go to components in admin cp i get this:

Fatal error: Class sql_blog_admin_queries: Cannot inherit from undefined class db_driver in /home/teeyaych/public_html/sources/sql/mysql_blog_admin_queries.php on line 30

• 1 month later...

This should serve as a warning for anyone wondering *why* we don't recommend upgrading your live board with an RC release. ;)

But luckily, for anyone experiencing the error pointed out above, the fix is simple.

Login to FTP, go to upgrade/installfiles/upg_21013

Delete version_history.php

Go back to /upgrade in your browser and finish the upgrade routine. :)

I'm sorry if I'm stupid here, I've uploaded 2.2RC3 first, start upgrading but there was db error.. meanwhile I've uploaded 2.2 files also.. Start upgrader, and get same error when it comes to "/upgrade/index.php?p=install&sub=settings":

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_conf_settings_titles SET conf_title_title='Board Guidelines',conf_title_desc='This section allows you to maintain your board guidelines. If enabled, a link will be added to the board header linking to the board guidelines.',conf_title_keyword='boardguidelines',conf_title_noshow=0,conf_title_module='' WHERE conf_title_id=17

SQL error: Unknown column 'conf_title_module' in 'field list'
SQL error code: 1054
Date: Monday 11th of December 2006 03:03:25 PM

and my board gives me this:

IPS Driver Error
    There appears to be an error with the database.
    You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

I followed bfarbers instruction, but in in upg_21013 there's no version_history.php file?

What did I miss? :) Please help..

Archived