well seems like something is wrong

Guest Will L.

I tried 6 test 2.1.7 IPB's and each one fails at the end spot and has a message saying

unknown table I think Taylor H. had same issue well 6 same exact ipb file copies and not 1 was upgradable

I do hope you at IPS get this fixed before FINAL otherwise I think alot of us may remain with 2.1.7

I am not being rude or mean its awful to have 6 test IPB's fail on same server type

Well it is release candidate so of course some people would have issues but it seems the majority of users got it working fine. No offence but 3-4 people out of the entire customer base is not exactly 'red alert' especially for something that has been clearly noted to not be used on a live board and not supported yet.

Would it surprise you to learn that 'bbcode_parser' is neither a field nor a table in the default installation?

I said OR BBCODE something

it was too quick to read

I plan for screenshots next time and oh for your own info

these 6 forums had not 1 custom mod or skins they were plain old 2.1.7 for testing

Well it is release candidate so of course some people would have issues but it seems the majority of users got it working fine. No offence but 3-4 people out of the entire customer base is not exactly 'red alert' especially for something that has been clearly noted to not be used on a live board and not supported yet.

Agreed.

I've no problems upgrading my test board which has a copy of 45,000 posts

It's oh so much clearer now. ;)

I would not riducle this customer so quickly.

I have been using IPB since the beginning and before that when it was Ikonboard in .cgi format.

So, I consider myself a veteran admin.

I did the upgrade as well last night from 2.1.7 to 2.2. RC1 and it also failed due to a MYSQL error at the end of the installation.

Luckily, I did this in a test environment and did not toast a few hundred thousand posts.

I think I will wait until it is out of RC status before I attempt it again.

Your missing the point, it's a RC version there is no support and it even says you should not be using it on live boards. So why does anyone care that there may be problems.

Luckily, I did this in a test environment and did not toast a few hundred thousand posts.

Do not use this software on a public install. Wait for the final release for your public boards.

Do you think IPS put these warnings up to look pretty? They can't be serious now can they. If you 'veteran forum admins' are stupid enough to upgrade your live boards with a RC and things go wrong you deserve to be rediculed. If this was a final release you would have grounds to complain.

Your missing the point, it's a RC version there is no support and it even says you should not be using it on live boards. So why does anyone care that there may be problems.

Do you think IPS put these warnings up to look pretty? They can't be serious now can they. If you 'veteran forum admins' are stupid enough to upgrade your live boards with a RC and things go wrong you deserve to be rediculed. If this was a final release you would have grounds to complain.

A) Enough with the personal attacks.

B) The point is that on a 'test' board, in which we 'did a test' conversion. It failed. No harm done as it was a 'test' board setup with a copy of 1.1 Gig worth of data.

Part of beta ware analysis is feedback from endusers to find flaws. Therefore, we should not be silent when we find trouble as it does not help the developers.

I can say though that this is the first time we have ever had a problem with an upgrade. If I have time today, I will try to reproduce the error and display some screen shots.

I think when you give vague information like "It doesn't work" without giving any details as to the error, browser, eg (table name in error) then the only thing you are doing is 'Barneys Girlfriend'ing. If you actually want to get something fixed give some feedback, give some details. Afterall it is an RC and I'd be pretty suprised if there weren't any bugs in sucker.

What exactly was the SQL error you received? That kind of information is paramount to fixing any problems if they exist.

Upgrade goes fine until the end, where this Mysql error appears.

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_conf_settings_titles SET conf_title_title='Board Guidelines',conf_title_desc='This section allows you to maintain your board guidelines. If enabled, a link will be added to the board header linking to the board guidelines.',conf_title_keyword='boardguidelines',conf_title_noshow=0,conf_title_module='' WHERE conf_title_id=1

SQL error: Unknown column 'conf_title_module' in 'field list'
SQL error code: 1054
Date: Thursday 19th of October 2006 10:03:05 AM

When you attempt to enter the www.site/forum/index.php, the board will only show a IPB Driver Error notice. Additionally, the www.site.com/forum/admin.php will allow you to log in but also will generate an error and will not proceed.

Archived