Cop Icon?

Guest KaYaZ

You mean an icon like this :) ?

screen2.jpg

Comes with the Report Center (which should be out soon) :) ... I actually do that with the windows the report center uses.

Wow... That looks like an awesome mod. Hopefully if RC1 comes out tomorrow, you can play around with the unencoded source files and make it even better. :thumbsup:

It's a component. He doesn't NEED to edit source files.

Oh, cool. I didn't know this. So, how does one install it? It's just a plug-in file of sorts?

Did I mention components are sexy?

No, but I think I can see the major advantages the system has over source file edits.

Oh, cool. I didn't know this. So, how does one install it? It's just a plug-in file of sorts?

Quite right. Simply place the files in the correct location, and add a couple of entries to the components tables (most components have an installer for this) and they automatically get added. Blog is almost a component, same with gallery (they're modules, which are the predecessor to components. They are apparently obsolete in 3.0). Live Chat is a component. Now they can't hook into the code and change the way it works like source edits can, they just add pages to the board (they have full access to the caches, language and skin and stuff). The Report Centre can work as a component because all he needs to do is redirect the report button in the skin to his component and off he goes.

Quite right. Simply place the files in the correct location, and add a couple of entries to the components tables (most components have an installer for this) and they automatically get added. Blog is almost a component, same with gallery (they're modules, which are the predecessor to components. They are apparently obsolete in 3.0). Live Chat is a component. Now they can't hook into the code and change the way it works like source edits can, they just add pages to the board (they have full access to the caches, language and skin and stuff). The Report Centre can work as a component because all he needs to do is redirect the report button in the skin to his component and off he goes.

So this is similar to the plug-in/hook system of vB, then.

Archived