Insert Special Item

Guest Darksbane

It basically turned the old style of "add link" "add quote" "add image" buttons that are normally above the posting field, and made them into a sort of menu on the left below the smilies.

I personally didn't care for it, and the AJAX pop-up window when you clicked to add an image was annoying.

Those are my 2 cents.

• Management

The insert special menu is just hidden if there are no items in it. You can still add your own items into it and it'll appear again. At some point I might tie in the custom BB code into it to allow admins to have their custom BB code appear in the menu.

The insert special menu is just hidden if there are no items in it. You can still add your own items into it and it'll appear again. At some point I might tie in the custom BB code into it to allow admins to have their custom BB code appear in the menu.

I didn't realize that the menu was hidden. And the custom BB code integration sounds like a good idea to me.

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. So the functionality of the insert special item is still available, I'm glad because I can think of alot of cool things I can do with that if it is easily modable.

Also I disagree with Why Two Kay in that I liked the new image entry better than the javascript popup box. Is there a chance of that returning? I do prefer those commonly used buttons like insert image and link to have their own button though.

Archived