Beta1 to beta2 possible?

Guest Cool Surfer

From a testing standpoint I think they should allow upgrade from beta 1 to beta 2 so those who are testing beta1 and have discovered bugs can see the resolution of those bugs in beta2 without having to completely install a new board. Keep in mind that those who are testing this thing out are setting up the boards the way they wish to see how different options and features work. By not allowing an upgrade from beta 1 to beta 2 everyone has to start from scratch in thier test board environment(and in my case I am using the beta 1 to test out features and record bug reports so I don't wish to lose what I recorded(posted) to check against these issues once they are resolved.)

All you have to do is extend the beta 1 encoded time period to the beta 2 time period which will still run out(but at a later date due to the extension that comes with beta 2) Then when you release the unencoded RC1 (or whatever) for live environment boards you can allow license holders to apply that to thier 2.1.7 boards if they wish(I personally wouldn't upgrade my live boards to anything less than 2.2 Final to avioid bugs , etc) :cool:

Just my 2c's ;)

When it comes to testing software, an upgrade tool isnt always the best thing.

You would be very supprised - sometimes if one bug is fixed, a new bug is created somewhere else. Hence why its always a good idea to start from scratch after doing testing from B1. In my opinion anyway

When it comes to testing software, an upgrade tool isnt always the best thing.

You would be very supprised - sometimes if one bug is fixed, a new bug is created somewhere else. Hence why its always a good idea to start from scratch after doing testing from B1. In my opinion anyway

all the more reason to upgrade..get to test the upgrade script and see if any new bugs pop up :P

I guess it wouldn't be possible to use the same database with the beta2 install and keeping previous settings posts from beta1? :unsure:

yeah but my database is for Beta1. Can I hook a 2.1.7 board into it and then upgrade that to Beta 2?(without losing my current Beta1 Forums/posts and settings?...I'm highly doubting this will work :rolleyes: )

You cannot upgrade Beta 1 to Beta 2, you were told this before you installed it, if you used it on a live forum that was your mistake.

So you know Beta 1,expires on Oct 15, if you want to use Beta 2 just reinstall it.

I know what they said and I would never install a Beta on a 'live' board so I could do without your attitude :rolleyes:

I was just trying to save the database for a future version for the purpose of future testing.....I guess this won't work so I'll just wait till a later version to install another test board...no point in doing it over and over till RC comes out. :cool:

Archived