Please make a "My posts" link

Guest GeeZuZz

Theres one thing i don't understand about discussion boards, and thats why they all miss a really convinient way to keep track of the threads you posted in.

Yes, i know i can subscribe, and i know i can search for posts by my name, but it's really NOT as quick and usefriendly as i want it. The subscription feature is only useful when i REALLY need to keep track of a topic. Searching is a lot of work...

At www.diskusjon.no they agree, and created such module themself - a really popular feature.

It's very simple - almost identicle to do a search on your own username with no search text:

It's created as a link up next to "view new posts", which displays a list of all threads you have posted in. This way you easily see if there has been any new posts in the threads you posted in. They do however exlude topics you did not participate in the last 30 days to prevent "never ending" topics to be at the top all the time.

Can IPS please include such feature in next release?

+1 I pushed for this to be added way back, don't understand why such a fundamental feature isn't on this board.

Also, would be nice if there is a little indicator next to a topic in which you've posted in and a tooltip telling you the last post on that particular topic. IPB is seriously lacking these little features that could make a big difference!

No it isn't good enough. I never said it was hard I said it wasn't the same thing.

My Posts (also called My Forums on some boards) sits in the header where my controls are and lists every thread that member has posted within. Threads that have recieved a reply are highlighed and bumped. It's a very quick way of getting an overview of what's changed since you were last there. I know I use it all the time on boards that have it and I agree it's something members get a lot out of.

If you don't like it -1 it but personally I think it enhances the way people manage their threads. Anything that will make my board a more helpful and pleasant place gets a big :thumbsup: from me.

Maybe theres an other category better suited, but i just tested this version and gave feedback about it. I think it's almost an "error" that this feature is missing.

Feature complete in beta 1? That's not very normal is it?

My point is this forum is likely to be removed and all posts lost. So this feature suggestion and it's support is likely to be lost with it. Whereas if you post here: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showforum=285 in the proper forum it's likely to get a look in when the specifications for 3.0 are written up. Matt and Brandon go through all the the suggestions in that forum apparently so it's the best way of going about it.

And it's feature complete because it's had a security audit and adding new features now will undermine that and all the other bug fixes done. ;)

What's the difference between that and "View Member's Topics" from the user's profile?

1. It's not easily accsessible
2. It isn't customizable - it finds ALL. It should just display topics you posted in the last x days (for instance 30). Else "chat topics" will always be on the top if you posted there once
3. It also feels weird that you have to click your own user, and "Find this members posts". That is an action made for other users.

What's the difference between that and "View Member's Topics" from the user's profile?

I forgot the most important: "Find members topics" only lists threads i started. I want a list of threads i participated in.
Find members posts is more like what i want, except it displays in postview which is a mess.

Archived