IPB 2.2 Documentation

Guest Charles

• Management

Anyone downloaded the new documentation in the 2.2 public beta 1 announcement? Wanted to see what you thought.

Documentation has always been one of our weak areas and we put some effort into them and hope you like the new documenation. You might notice the version that is up there is a little out of date because we're still tweaking the beta series. We will of course update it.

We are also working on Developer Documentation to go into detail on the components, RSS, login manager, ipsclass, etc. for developers.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Management

Just had a quick glance through now, it looks very extensive and the addition of screenshots looks really helpful. :D However, I wouldn't want to print that. >_<

We'll have a printed and bound version you can buy which we will ship to you. Obviously we can get a bulk printing discount :)

Just had a quick glance through now, it looks very extensive and the addition of screenshots looks really helpful. :D However, I wouldn't want to print that. >_<

I once printed the PayPal developer documentation. It used up a full ink cartridge, 250 pages. I'm sure you can handle the IPB Dev Docs ;)

Okay, I just skimmed over the PDF quickly and it looks very good. Only thing I'd note though is that the screenshots all need to be brought up to date with the current version. There's some using the skin from the IPB 2.0 "PF" releases, and the RTE shots are from 2.1.

I'd assume that's already planned, though. :)

• Management

Okay, I just skimmed over the PDF quickly and it looks very good. Only thing I'd note though is that the screenshots all need to be brought up to date with the current version. There's some using the skin from the IPB 2.0 "PF" releases, and the RTE shots are from 2.1.

I'd assume that's already planned, though. :)

We will eventually update all the screen shots but for now even the outdated ones show you what you need to know. (Yes, I know Keith)

So roughly how much do you estimate? Pretty much Free+Postage?

Just to cover cost of printing and postage.

• Management

The RTE screens are from 2.1 :)

Looks impressive, that was the first thing I downloaded, and I had a quick look through it. I hope the developer documentation is as extensive as it :) Well Done :D

We have 25 pages of developer docs so far... still working on those.

• Management

Very cool I like it, thanks for making it!

Also do you have an exact price on how much a printed version would cost?

Not until we get a final quote from printing company. Depending on postage costs (it's pretty big) I would guess under $25 maybe even under $20.

Having skimmed over it this morning and some now as well, I must say that it is very extensive, and this will be really useful for the both the new and experienced users. :) I will buy a copy of this if it's around $20 for sure, as I much prefer hand copied text over PDF's, and as it's quality work and being released by the same company who developed the software themselves and who wrote it from the ground up, you can guarantee it to be quality. :D Very nice work on this, and the only two things I'd have to say need to be fixed were already mentioned by Dan and Logan (online documentation with search functionality and update on all pictures to 2.2)!

Archived