list of features in the new IPB release

Guest Sinistra

A road map and completion update like was done for v2 would be nice. I forget if that was for v2.0 or v2.1.

The current road map has not yet been updated for 2.2. However, the gray items, which are "delayed for future release" are the features I think that will be in 2.2.

I'd rather IPS keep quiet about additional features until the first public release.

That way it decreases the chances of other BB software companies working the features into their own products beforehand and passing them off as their own idea(s).

Not that this has happened before o:)

well...there is this beta version of the IPB 2.2(zended and ioncubed) which is floating around the web...so I guess the features are not so "classified"...though I am not too sure cause I have'nt tested the script yet.

It is not suppose to be "folating around" though. I have seen at least 5 downloads though, yet they all seem to be Alpha 3 and are no longer working.
You should (as I did) inform a staff member of every download you spot.

I'd rather IPS keep quiet about additional features until the first public release.

That way it decreases the chances of other BB software companies working the features into their own products beforehand and passing them off as their own idea(s).

Not that this has happened before o:)

That won't do anything. No matter when IPB 2.2 is released, other BBS providers are going to include some of the new features, in much the same way that IPB 2.2 will likely include new features from other BBS. Personally, I'm glad that the developers take ideas from each other. It only makes every solution better in the end.

I think they've made it quite clear that 2.2 is primarily meant for fixing/improving existing features (and another revamp of adminCP). There has been a few features added to 2.2, but they aren

Archived