IPB Complete Ajax 2.2

Guest amr.salah@live.com

it is a good idea but i think it is hard to change all IPB forum and ACP To ajax

some sugg.:

In Forum :

-Ajax Member List

- Remove Quick Reply And Make the Ajax complete reply

- Ajax Change Skin

- Ajax member control panel

I think they should only make features Ajax compatable when it maks sense. Having an Ajax change skin feature really doesn't make sense. Over using a specfic feature like Ajax would be bad, using any one thing in a product is a bad thing.

Many of your suggestions make no sense, I mean do we really need a Ajax Member List, I don't see how that would even work.

it is a good idea but i think it is hard to change all IPB forum and ACP To ajax

some sugg.:

In Forum :

-Ajax Member List

- Remove Quick Reply And Make the Ajax complete reply

- Ajax Change Skin

- Ajax member control panel

i think that list cleary demonstrates your misunderstanding of ajax.

Notjust coding, imagine the page load time required to even load the 20 mb js file to run it all.

Actually that's not true. You can use a standard ajax js protical for sending requests, changing content, etc.... Wouldnt need to go to crazy on the js side to do ajax. Most of the complicated functions would be handles server side by php.

Using all ajax would be stupid and crazy. Not all browsers support ajax, and not even in the same way - IE uses an activeX control, Mozilla doesnt, etc. If you were to have javascript turned off it would be bad. For the most part a form can function with javascript turned off, and if the whole thing was ajax the whole thing wouldnt work. It wouldnt be worth the time or effort.

On the other hand ajax can be useful when applied to the right areas.

• 2 weeks later...

I fail to see how it would be "faster". You'd trim off maybe 10kb in content on those specific loads (the html header and footer of the pages, basically). And since we try not to let AJAX requests be cached, the skin contents (like the cached CSS files) would actually have to be loaded twice, causing you to use more bandwidth and nearly defeating the purpose of cached CSS files.

I must admit that if the whole of IPB was made so that when you clicked a link it loaded the content direct and moved things around and stuff, like Live.com but having said that you would lose much of the page setup of IPB which would make it very hard to skin.

Its an interesting concept!

• 2 weeks later...

AJAX is way to advanced for its time because live.com is a perfect example where it's an overdose...

The AJAX that is used now is just fine. Any more, and the browser would have a lot of server strain.

k4bb was digged and was easily broken with all the AJAX being used

it is a beta

and i dont care about it i just want the idea complete ajax board

Oh I see. You're right, of course the majority of software in beta dies with a fatal error as soon as you run it, so I guess we can excuse this non-working thing, whatever it may be.

Hope List :
1.Ajax
- IPB Dynamic Page Content
- Ajax Add Topic Appear in index without refresh
- Drag And Drop index content For Eah Member
- Ajax Online List
-Ajax Board Statistics
-Quick Full Options Reply Sstem And Remove The Reply System
-Sortable Ajax Order
- Right Click Topic - Right Clikc Forum
- Moderator Options With Ajax
- Quick Register + Log In Ajax
- Ajax Rating
- Right Click member name in any place
-Ajax COntrol pannel
-Ajax Pm System

:blink: - seriously, we don't need to just implement every modification that may be available that has the word "ajax" in it.

The above modifications would KILL a medium sized site within hours with the overhead they would introduce.....

here is the whole view::

ajax is a type of javascript that use server side instead of browser side , so all things that javascript fall under is same as ajax as for ::

1) it is a side language for usage to verify side content on sites to give it nice look

2) it is good aslongas it is used in its right places

3) as soon as it is used in wide range in the page ,it become very annoying and lose its main objective for being good for the eye

4) server side means hight cpu usage , so using it widely in a page will suspend your account in minutes keeping mind the ajax call is not the problem but the timeout most ajax codes have a timeout for the command running to keep the page updated every couple of second which will kill any cpu if present much in the page over high bandwidth usage

5) Next stage pages replace with ajax cause site losing its sanity and having problem for bookmarks and problem for people for finding what they see again

6) for the skin bfarber already noted the prevent cache things that also will face aproblem sometimes in ie causing stucks

7) ajax update info for you and to make it update info for others you will need to place an auto timeout function running so to update all users pages which again will kill the cpu

8) ajax has no cache thing so there is no go back button and forget about finding any info you like assoon as the timeout work and change it

last ajax is same as javascript in the manual for how widely or places to use ...it just work in different manner but it is in same book manual

so all other javascript disadvantages will mostly flow on ajax too

end idea: use ajax as you like but as soon as you feel you replacing pages and pages started to lose its sanity ...> that an alarm that usage of ajax is out of order and lost its main objective which to help in maintaining main page info by updating the side contents so people keep in this main important page without going to another for a side content and as soon as you reach this then you will cause nothing but annoy

goodluck to all

Hope List :

1.Ajax

- IPB Dynamic Page Content

i think this will decrease time needed for reload page .. i know it can not be made for all pages i just wanna it to make for the [Blogs - Gallery- Help - Search - Members- Calendar ] not to each topic

- Ajax Add Topic Appear in index without refresh
- Drag And Drop index content For Eah Member
- Ajax Online List
-Ajax Board Statistics
-Quick Full Options Reply Sstem And Remove The Reply System
-Sortable Ajax Order
- Right Click Topic - Right Clikc Forum
- Moderator Options With Ajax
- Quick Register + Log In Ajax
- Ajax Rating
- Right Click member name in any place
-Ajax Control pannel
-Ajax Pm System

end idea: use ajax as you like but as soon as you feel you replacing pages and pages started to lose its sanity ...> that an alarm that usage of ajax is out of order and lost its main objective which to help in maintaining main page info by updating the side contents so people keep in this main important page without going to another for a side content and as soon as you reach this then you will cause nothing but annoy

goodluck to all

Which mods in this list do u think it will make pages lose its sanity
may be some of this mods will kill cpu but some will be nise edits the cause no cpu problems

== plz change my topic name to ajax mods suggestions for ipb 2.2 ==

Archived