some more suggestions!

Guest FCB-Mo

Ah, i think i have some more suggestions!

I think the ability to have the theme selector available to guests is nessecarry*. Its a pain in the back side when your skinning IPB and you have to make that incomplete skin the default so that you want see what it looks like for guests (the login screen and warnings for example...)

As for the posting screen, i think it would be a good idea to have the smilies table and the test editior in one block to make things more compact. i cant describe it so i'll illustrate it instead.

idea6xo.th.png

Another idea is the abaility to switch from STE to RTE and vice versa in the posting screen (which ive mentioned before!)

Another thing which im sure ppl have mentioned before is to use AJAX with quick reply.

AJAX in the quick reply is prone to issues. Have to check other posts, verify your permissions, then show them in the right order....it's just not worth the 2 seconds it takes to refresh the page.

The ability to switch from the posting screen I've already stated I like the idea of.

I installed this on two boards (one a test board) and it acts the same on both. The problem I see with this mod it is that you MUST have a message entered and the title or you can't switch between Standard or Rich Text and then when it does switch it goes into preview mode? Maybe I didn't do something right, but I re-did everything twice. <_<

The smile box does not need to be changed. It's fine the way it is. However, if the smile thing is going to be changed at all, it should be a button within the editor that gives you a drop down of choices rather than taking up space somewhere on the page.

Archived