Invision Power Dynamic Development Update: Discussion

Guest IPS News

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats the nicest WYSIWYG web editor I have ever seen. IPS are certainly breaking new barriers and setting the standards....

Nicest out of the lot but still lacking in a few features, images, spell check, styles.

• Management

Are there any plans to change the copyrighted icons all over the place in the app? The Mac IE5 icons, the Windows icons, the OS X buttons. I mean, were *any* of the icons made completely by IPS? I only worry because it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

We have purchased a royalty free icon pack that IPD uses. I don't recall there being any OS X icons left.

Who would benefit from using IP.Dynamic?

Individuals

Develop and manage your fan-site or personal website easily.

Small/Medium Businesses

Use IP.Dynamic to build your site and to manage your shopping carts, etc.

Corporations

Automate your workflow and consolidate all your content streams with IP.Dynamic.

If they make it too expensive they'll have already cut out the first group on that list. Surely it wouldn't make much sense to advertise it for personal/fansites unless they were going to have a cut down cheaper version available?

I wouldn't be too happy with a feature-trimmed version for my personal sites... I'd be after all or nothing ;)

I can't see how they're going to reasonably tell the difference between personal sites/business sites/mega-business sites if that affects the pricing though. Is IPS going to check up on every copy they sell?

• Management

The price will be extremely competitive.

I've seen similarly featured CMS products that are around $8,000. Most commercial CMS applications don't even put a price on the website, you have to ask for the price and you'll get a sales call. You know it's going to be expensive if they want to talk to you for an hour before telling you the price.

• Management

If you're looking for a bargain-basement $49.00 a year script, IP.Dynamic isn't for you.

We simply haven't confirmed the price yet - but we will take into account our target audience and market the product accordingly.

No one said bargain basement. You guys are the ones saying who IPD would be suitable for, and clearly if your talking above $300 it's not going to be suitable for people with fansites/personal sites. I suggest if you guys know it's going to be way above that the wording is changed under the "Who would benefit from using IP.Dynamic?" Thier websites might benefit but they'll have to sell the house to be able to afford it. :rolleyes:

I had a feeling it was too good to be true.

One thing I have noticed is that high prices for software go hand in hand with piracy and the warez scene. I WILL be buying a copy of this upon release for my site as it is more or less exactly what I am after.

I would not make the price overly high as more sales at a lower price far out weigh a few sales at a higher price.

The interface looks fantastic and would be a much welcome addition to the forum software control panel which for me is a bit of a pain in the bum.

It would be nice to have a bit of sync between the products back ends tbh.

Nice work Matt I look forward to giving it a whirl when released...

Archived