Remove the "Go" button to the right of the Forum Jump.

Guest Quillz

I've noticed that the Forum Jump automatically activates itself. For example, if you use it to quickly jump to another forum, you're automatically re-directed, and thus, have no need to use the "Go" button to the right. Why not just remove it entirely?

It's needed if you want to return to the first page of the forum you're in... not just compatibility, that could be done by wrapping the button in <noscript> tags. But if I'm in a topic and want to go to the forum index or I'm on page 23 and want to go to the first page, then the Go button is the only way the forum jump will take you there.

(Because the forum jump can do this, I think the forum link next to Next Oldest/Newest is unecessary...)

It's needed if you want to return to the first page of the forum you're in... not just compatibility, that could be done by wrapping the button in <noscript> tags. But if I'm in a topic and want to go to the forum index or I'm on page 23 and want to go to the first page, then the Go button is the only way the forum jump will take you there.

(Because the forum jump can do this, I think the forum link next to Next Oldest/Newest is unecessary...)

That's one way, or you could click on the "<<" button where it lists the different page #'s..

[ 123 pages ] [<<] [<] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [>] [>>]

:)

Archived