skin manger preview

Guest Dlf

Just got this from reading another reqeust (like 2 mins ago). How about in the skin manger you can preview what woudl change like say you edited global_header you could see what would change, to see if someone woudl look out of place (like trying to put the store global_header edit in :-). If already suggested, comming, sorry for a dobule request.

I mean like previews of what posts would look like before you hit 'post' but for the skin manger. Say you changed something in Global_header, Global_footer Member_bar, show_card_download. But you can 'preview' it to make sure it goes correctly. Like if you try to install the store mod at Inviz by Outlook (I think) and try to do the skin edits. One is Global_header. you have to replace code, i've done before where the whole code your supposed to replace with (the store skin code { I think}) appears on the global header instead of "IPB store' or what ever the name is (that shows).

Yeah so basically you mean a "live preview" without having to save the changes, go to another tab (or if using IE, another window), refreshing the page, then having to go back and do it all over again.

I'm for that. I don't know how easy (or most likely difficult) it'd be, but if Matt's willing to make such a preview option, then I'm definitely for it.

If ye can't tell im not a customer. And never been one. Unless matt or some other staff says so. I don't think they listen to us. I've made a number of suggestions in this forum. not one has gotten any implemented (I think), or even thought of. Even some customers liked some of them. Here I hardly or never get any feedback on feature requests. On If almost every feature I 'sugest' is commented on.

I'm a customer and I don't think any of my ideas made it in. But considering so many people make so many different requests, it's understandable.

I just mention my ideas, and even try to give details to give it some life, and hope for the best. If Matt likes the idea and sees it as being something that people would benefit from or that is massively desired, then he adds it.

Archived