Upgrade error at the very begining

Omri Amos

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my community to the new beta (this is a duplicated test installation of my full 120K users / 5.9M posts community).

Right after confirming the server requirements etc, I immediately got this error:

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

It's important to note that "classifieds" is a 3rd-party plugin ("application") that I NO LONGER USE and I actually DELETED it from the software some months ago - it does not exist any more.

Here's a screenshot from my live website's dashboard showing that it is no longer in existance at all:

Could contain: File, Text

It is also physically does not exist on the filesystem:

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, File, Computer, Pc, Text, White Board

There is also no reference to it in the hw_core_applications table:

Could contain: Page, Text, File

How can I overcome this error and continue with the upgrade?

Edited by Omri Amos

after the upgrade the admin dashboard was fine but the community returned error 500.

I deleted these 2 files as mentioned on other topics but it didn't help:
applications\core\extensions\core\FrontNavigation\Promoted
applications\nexus\extensions\core\FrontNavigation\NetworkStatus

So I checked the actual error:

Fatal error: Type of IPS\core\Statuses\_Status::$commentClass must be ?string (as in class IPS\Content\Item) in /home/hwzone/public_html/community_dev/applications/core/sources/Statuses/Status.php on line 23

Edited by Omri Amos

1 minute ago, Marc said:

Youd be best to contact the author of the classifieds application to see what it may be there

Hi,

Just to clarify - I fixed this issue already by deleting the rows on "hw_core_approval_queue" that referenced some waiting-for-approval items from this plugin.
Either way I don't think this is something that should be pointed at the author as the plugin was LONG DELETED.

Anyway, I was able to fix this issue.

My current issue is this error 500 on the frontend:

Fatal error: Type of IPS\core\Statuses\_Status::$commentClass must be ?string (as in class IPS\Content\Item) in /home/hwzone/public_html/community_dev/applications/core/sources/Statuses/Status.php on line 23