Copyright Line issues

WebCMS

Copyright Line under General Configuration does not allow HTML to add links (however, it does allow JavaScript).

Copyright Line is not editable by users and so, HTML may be allowed.

4 hours ago, Jim M said:

The Copyright line actually does support HTML. On my test community, I place in some HTML to render an icon logo with a container and it renders fine, along with a link.

Could contain: Text, Page, City, Nature, Night, Outdoors

It allows me to add a relative/absolute links to the web-root like this <a href="/">Site.com</a> and saves but the page does not display the link in the footer.

Maybe because our Footer Line has some JS to use current year value?

5 minutes ago, WebCMS said:

It allows me to add a relative/absolute links to the web-root like this <a href="/">Site.com</a> and saves but the page does not display the link in the footer.

Maybe because our Footer Line has some JS to use current year value?

Yes, that is likely the issue as I do not have that customization 😉 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Yes, that is likely the issue as I do not have that customization 😉 

Not sure why the JS is conflicting with HTML as they use separate tags.

Is there a YYYY template var that can be used in the footer instead of JS?

Edited by WebCMS

2 minutes ago, WebCMS said:

Not sure why the JS is conflicting with HTML as they use separate tags.

Is there a YYYY template var that can be used in the footer instead of JS?

Sorry, we would not be able to assist with custom development.

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2024 at 1:23 AM, Ryan Ashbrook said:

No, but as Jim said you can use regular HTML and JavaScript directly in the setting. 🙂 

Copyright <script>document.write( new Date( ).getFullYear() );</script>

Could contain: Text, Page

Yep, that's what we are using JS for YYYY. However, for some reason, the other custom link tags in the Copyright Line are rendering even though JS and HTML are using completely separate tags.

You can try this - YYY will render but the Site.com link won't -

<a href="/">Site.com</a> | Copyright © 2023-<script>document.write(new Date().getFullYear())</script> Site, Inc.

Any pointers would be appreciated. We are not sure if it is the JS tag causing the issue and why.

Edited by WebCMS

Working fine here. If it's longer than your example, you may be hitting a limit to how much text is allowed so I'd suggest reducing it a bit, or use the Footer HTML template in the theme settings instead for more fine-tuned control.

EDIT: The link works, but because of CSS it's not highlighting differently then the rest of the text, for what it's worth. You would need some extra CSS for that.

27 minutes ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

Working fine here. If it's longer than your example, you may be hitting a limit to how much text is allowed so I'd suggest reducing it a bit, or use the Footer HTML template in the theme settings instead for more fine-tuned control.

EDIT: The link works, but because of CSS it's not highlighting differently then the rest of the text, for what it's worth. You would need some extra CSS for that.

Thanks for trying it.

We just found that it was a CSS issue and the link works in the footer now.