Are there any limits to user imports on Invision (cloud)?

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Jim -- Thanks for the fast response. Good to know that I can have as many registered users as I want. My question was actually a bit more specific with regard to the import functionality in the member section. Can I import all 200k at once or do I need to split them up? 

7 minutes ago, Eric Mattson1 said:

Can I import all 200k at once or do I need to split them up? 

The system processes these in real time so I would recommend splitting them up. Depending on how much data you're importing with the user will define how much you need to split this up by. I'm afraid, there is no set amount but I wouldn't recommend importing 200k members with 20 fields each in one go. Definitely will reach a timeout in our Cloud for doing that.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

That would depend on a lot of circumstances.  When using a web interface, the problem is how long it takes in time, not how many records you have.  (It will execute for XX seconds before giving up.)  So one batch may work at 10k, but another might fail at 5k because there was something that took longer to process in that smaller batch.  

Personally if you're using something that big, it might be worth using the API to create the accounts.  

https://invisioncommunity.com/developers/rest-api?endpoint=core/members/POSTindex

If you don't want to do that, start small...  1k and see if it works.  If it does, increase it and try a bigger batch.  Rinse and repeat until you find what works for you.

Edited by Randy Calvert