Rebuild error after upgrade

The provider Terabyte just upgraded my long overdue and large forum and asked me to post this issue for staff comment:

"I noticed one issue with the task that rebuilds the posts. It is currently throwing an INVALID_URL exception when it hits specific posts.
After a quick investigation, I found that the task seems to throw the error when it's parsing a post that contains a mention like this one => @Torsten

This is something IPS should look into as it seems to be a bug with how the rebuild posts task parses the URLs.
In case IPS asks, I've already tried re-running the tasks with all modifications disabled (which is only the Chatbox application really)."

To add some more details, the RebuildPosts task is throwing errors when parsing posts with this mention HTML content:

<p>
	<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/XXXX-NAME/&amp;do=hovercard" data-mentionid="XXXX" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/XXXX-NAME/" rel="">@NAME</a> testing a mention post.
</p>

Removing the A element for the mention hovercard makes the rebuild task proceed with no errors:

<p>
	@NAME testing a mention post.
</p>

The Rebuild Posts task was already present and throwing errors while on version 4.3.5. I was hoping it was a bug fixed at some point, but even after upgrading to 4.7.17, the error is still there. That's when I investigated the issue and suggested the client post a bug report here.