Group Promotions Not Working

Go to solution Solved by teraßyte,

Hi! Currently, we've got five different Group Promotions set up in AdminCP. Three of them work perfectly, but two of them are not working at all. I've gone over them and don't see anything that appears to be wrong. Is it possible for someone to check these for me?

Thanks!

Could contain: Text

• Solution

Promotion rules are only checked when a member logs in. If a member is inactive and doesn't visit the forum anymore, the rule to move them will never be triggered.

I assume the mod to member 2 group is a similar rule. Inactive moderators are downgraded to normal members. Again, if the member doesn't visit the site the rule isn't triggered.

We actually had gotten someone in to set these up. They are supposed to be working on member accounts who have not logged in, in order to move inactive accounts out of active member groups. Is there no way for this work?

As @teraßyte noted, promotion rules do not just run on some automatic schedule. Instead they run when a pre-determined action is run.

This means the rule you want would not trigger because the user never actually logs in. The login would trigger the move from A to B. There is no way to move someone from B to A simply for not logging in. This would require some sort of third party modification to do. 

Edited by Randy Calvert