Pages Blocks - External Embedding

Go to solution Solved by Marc,

I have a question referring to the external embedding of pages blocks. Some of my other websites have a dark background and then the feed which is diplayed on those websites can not be read so well.

Is it possible to alter the template of a block that any of them is coming automaticly with a white background so that it works on any other external website whatever the color of the backing of each external website is ?

• Solution

When you click the menu at the side of any block, you will see the ablility to use it externally. From there you can select whether or not to use the stying

Ah found it - that checkbox there 🙂 thanks

I guess it takes a moment till it recaches ? At the moment there are no changements viewing the widget on the external page.

1 hour ago, hpcrazy said:

Ah found it - that checkbox there 🙂 thanks

I guess it takes a moment till it recaches ? At the moment there are no changements viewing the widget on the external page.

Indeed. Also check caching on your other sites side of things

I have an other question :

When I do a custom block and enter a club in the editor then an automatic widget of this club is created in the editor. That one gets blocked when I add it to an external webiste. How can I prevent this ?

28 minutes ago, hpcrazy said:

I have an other question :

When I do a custom block and enter a club in the editor then an automatic widget of this club is created in the editor. That one gets blocked when I add it to an external webiste. How can I prevent this ?

What do you mean by "blocked"? Do you have a screenshot?

Yes - it gets blocked in any browser - in this case I just added the link of a club into the editor which creates a widget in the editor automaticly - but the content gets blocked in external pages.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

This is the message you get when you follow the link - and the post in the editor looks like this ( attachment )
---------

This error message is usually triggered by an incorrectly configured website trying to display another website without the consent of the website operator.

Websites can use X-frame options or a Content Security Policy (CSP) to determine whether other websites may embed them on their own pages (for detailed information on CSP, see this MDN web docs article). This important security feature prevents clickjacking attacks, where malicious websites trick users into clicking on links from that website.

To visit a website that displays this error message, you can open the link in a new tab or a new window in Firefox. Please note that in some cases the embedded page will not work correctly without access to the blocked website. In this case, you must contact the operator of the defective website.

---------

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

Your current settings in ACP -> System -> Advanced Configuration -> "Allow community to be embedded in an iframe" will only allow this iframe to be embedded on your current domain that your community utilizes. To use externally of your domain, you will need to change those settings.

I see - that seems to be complicated. Before I read through all the text. Is it possible to whitelist a selection of domains by adding code into the header of a page ?

1 minute ago, hpcrazy said:

I see - that seems to be complicated. Before I read through all the text. Is it possible to whitelist a selection of domains by adding code into the header of a page ?

That would require one of the advanced options as you would need to whitelist everything used for your community as well.

Posted (edited)

Here's a new problem - when I open the browser of a page where a block is embedded in an external page somehow the CSS does not work and after refreshing the page it works. Happens each time I open up any browser. This is the page I am referring to https://pianist.ch/

view screenshots :

before

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Person

after

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Person, Webpage

Edited by hpcrazy

Posted (edited)

ok - i checked it all now. It seems to be related to the architeture of a website. On one type of website I run everything works fine. On 2 types of websites the problem as described shows up - it only works after refreshing the page after it opened and on one type of website the CSS is not loaded at all. That one would be this one : http://sternentherapie.com/News.html

All websites run on the same server and account - so it's not that I guess.

Edited by hpcrazy

13 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would need to speak to the developers of that page in that case. Unfortunately, there is little we have control of on that end

I was afraid you would say that.... that means I have to redesign a few webpages. The scripts are quit old.... but thanks anyway.

What do I need to pay attention to that this does not happen anymore ?