auto-login from wordpress?

Hi,

I noticed that it is possible to integrate my wordpress website's login with IPS,  using OAuth and adding wordpress as a "sign in with.." method. However, this will still require the users to manually click "login" and choose this option, which is confusing considering they already logged in to the wordpress website (which is on the same domain).

Right now I have a custom solution and I use IPS as the "server", while my Wordpress website detects that the user is logged in to the forums and automatically logs them into wordpress. But I want to switch this around, have the users login to my wordpress website, and let IPS auto log them in.

Is it possible in any way?

What you are describing is a full Single Sign In system. Whereas Invision Community would recognize the session/cookie created by WordPress and log them into Invision Community. That is not possible via our login provider. Our login provider will require the user to click the button in order to facilitate the login action.

You would need to utilize a third party add-on to facilitate a full WordPress SSO.