link filter not being honoured

I have several spammer links that are blocked for moderation but spammers seem able to bypass it

one in particular keeps getting through several times per day

"Supreme Сasual Dating"  matchnow. life/

I've added it with '*' and without but they just keep getting through

any ideas why its not working ?

I am not sure, how your filter looks like. Better create a screenshot. 😉

Do you copy/paste the content of the spammer into the filter? Or do you add it manually as you see it? You should always copy. These three lines below are not the same, even if they look identical:

• Supreme Сasual Dating
  • Suprеme Сasual Dating
  • Supreme Сasual Dаting

I have used Cyrillic letters in the second and third lines. You cannot spot them. They look the same. But technically, there are three different strings. 

6 minutes ago, Jelly Belly™ said:

Sorry its not the word filter

Oh, I see. If they enter the link as a plain test like this https://datesnow.life and not as an active link like https://datesnow.life then it will not be caught. This is how this filter works, unfortunately. It only catches active links, but not their text representation.

Use word filter additionally with datesnow.life as an exact string. This should catch the spammer posts even if they remove active link.

Edited by Sonya*

12 minutes ago, Jelly Belly™ said:

but surely the function should catch the link regardless ?

The function looks for matches in href="" attributes only. It does not check plain text. For plain text, you should use word filters. 

3 minutes ago, Jelly Belly™ said:

so the link filter doesnt work when posted as

This should work. It is an active clickable link.

Check if you have selected: Allow any links apart from the links specified. Then check if the group in question has Bypass word and link filters? disabled.

Just of curiosity, why would you like to moderate spam links instead of blocking them? 

41 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

This should work. It is an active clickable link.

That's what I thought, but it doesn't work

43 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Check if you have selected: Allow any links apart from the links specified. Then check if the group in question has Bypass word and link filters? disabled.

already done 👍

45 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Just of curiosity, why would you like to moderate spam links instead of blocking them? 

because blocking them doesn't really block them, it allows the post and the link as text and it doesn't notify the moderators