Visibility of Club posts

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hi folks. Is it possible to get posts from Open Clubs listed in the latest posts widget? If so, how? If I change Clubs settings to show content areas everywhere, I only see the first post of the thread.

I'd like to have posts from open Clubs showing normally in latest posts, unlike closed Clubs that show only for members.

Posted (edited)

Hi Marc. No, this is what I mean:

If I set a Club to "Public" a non-member of this Club can see all posts (Opening Post + replies) in the main forum Post (or Topic) Feed. However, there is no Membership for this specific type of club and anyone can reply without being a member of the club. 

If I set a Club to "Open" only members of the Club can see all posts (Opening Post + replies) in the main forum Post/Topic Feed. There is a Membership for this specific type of club. When I set Clubs/Settings/ Show Club Content Areas to "Throughout the Community" a non-member of this Club can see newly started threads in the main forum Topic Feed, but no follow-up posts in the main forum Post feed.

I'd like to have the option to have "Open" Clubs with reply posts also visible in the main forum Post Feed, as a membership recruitment drive for the Clubs in question (so that everyone sees the activity there), while maintaining their membership lists and requirement to be a member to reply.

I hope that makes more sense.

Edited by I_cant_Swim_
clarification

Marc, thank you. Issue has resolved itself, unless you clicked a button. The issue was brought to my attention yesterday by a manager, and until this morning (8 hours ago), it didn't seem to work. But now it does. I don't really have an explanation -all the settings I changed, I then reset. But the browser, MS Edge, I see took 5 min to update a new post to the recent posts section today, despite refresh clicks and shift+F5. Open Club reply posts now appear in recent posts on the front page.

Thanks again.