How to properly uninstall

It used to dovetail with my wordpress, and I don't use it anymore but it still has folders on the file structure inside the website. I never uninstalled it.  Just curious if I can just delete the folders related to the forum or if there is a way to back out from my account on Invision side.

This is highly dependent on how exactly it was installed.  You would want to delete any Wordpress files.  If those files are in a specific folder, it would be a simple as deleting that folder.  If you mixed it in with IPB files, you would have to sort out what is which and only delete the Wordpress files.  If you don't know which is which, you can download a set of IPB files from your client area and look at what directories, files, etc are associated with IPB.

If your Wordpress is installed in a separate database, you could simply delete that database.  If it's shared with your IPB install, you would need to manually separate those as well.

If you had any 3rd party integrations to tie your Wordpress to your IPB, you would want to remove those as well.  

6 minutes ago, Tom Bartels said:

It used to dovetail with my wordpress, and I don't use it anymore but it still has folders on the file structure inside the website. I never uninstalled it.

Not being familiar with Dovetail's integration with WordPress, it would be hard for us to say how to uninstall it.

It sounds like you're just using Invision Community now and everything has been brought over to Invision Community. If that is the case, you can contact the author of the Dovetail integration and find out how to uninstall that.

If there are no SSO's setup to your WordPress side or anything else that Invision Community is reaching out to WordPress for. You could ultimately remove WordPress files and database. However, as Randy mentioned, that assumes that your database is separate from your Invision Community database. If they are not, it is very manual that you'll need to determine what is a WordPress table or Invision Community.

Finally, if you do decide to go the route of delete files and databases, take a final backup before doing so (maybe of your whole server). That way, if you accidentally did something wrong, you have it.