Batch upload images to gallery repeatedly failing

I have about 4k images that need to be sorted into galleries, each with a unique title and metadata. When adding the images, I add about 20, modify the title and description for each, and then hit the submit all images button. About 50% of the time this action FAILS. Sometimes it adds only the first image, other times it uploads no images at all. I took note of image uploads in the past hour. Of the 26 attempted uploads, 11 failed. 

- The uploads seem to work for every other upload, but occasionally I will get 2 in a row to succeed (or 2 in a row to fail)

- Number of images does not seem to matter, I have tried 25 images per upload, or 2 images per upload.

- Most images are jpg format, under 100k

- I'm using a Macbook pro, I have tried with Firefox and chrome, latest versions, without running an ad block software.

- I average about 3 minutes from when I initially upload the images, to filling out the metadata and hitting submit.

Considering the amount of images I have left to do, this is a potential nightmare.

It would be great if I could batch edit metadata AFTER I upload but your system does not support that.

Can you please fix this?

Here is an example gallery https://www.alphadrome.net/gallery/album/13-misc-vintage-space-toys/

I've attached a video showing the behavior. Please skip to the end to see the upload fail. The progress bar shows for a split second then kicks you back to the gallery.

Thank you!

Towards the end of the video, I see the progress bar start on the image processing, but the popup modal is abruptly closed before it can finish. Is this the system or yourself performing this action?

If it is the system performing this, could you please ensure that all third party add-ons on your community are disabled and you're using an unmodified theme? Additionally, could you please ensure that any browser extensions on your browser are disabled or you're testing in a private/incognito mode so that these extension do not impact your testing.

18 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Towards the end of the video, I see the progress bar start on the image processing, but the popup modal is abruptly closed before it can finish. Is this the system or yourself performing this action?

If it is the system performing this, could you please ensure that all third party add-ons on your community are disabled and you're using an unmodified theme? Additionally, could you please ensure that any browser extensions on your browser are disabled or you're testing in a private/incognito mode so that these extension do not impact your testing.

Hi Jim,

The system is doing it, the only action I take is hitting the button to submit all all images.

- I have no browser extensions enabled except for the one doing the screen capture (Awesome Screenshot)

- It is a stock theme, we have just adjusted colors and fonts using the default interface (no css or anything like that)

- behavior persists in incognito mode.

It does not do it if I simply upload the images without editing captions or description. So my guess is something is happening when the captions are getting written to the database.

Here's the record of the 26 attempts

1. Fail
  2. Pass
  3. Fail
  4. Pass
  5. Fail
  6. Pass
  7. Pass
  8. Fail
  9. Pass
  10. Pass
  11. Fail
  12. Fail
  13. Pass
  14. Pass
  15. Fail
  16. Pass
  17. Pass
  18. Pass
  19. Fail
  20. Pass
  21. Pass
  22. Fail
  23. Fail
  24. Fail
  25. Pass
  26. Pass

Are you using any 3rd party modifications there? If so, please disable these and try again. If you are then still having issues, please could you PM me a zip with some files you are trying and let me know where I can upload those to. It may be worth setting up a category for testing so Im not messing with your main gallery